Chapter 18

Rosie's POV

Kennedy left the room to find Evie , leaving me with a group of now very excitable year 7's.

"Miss where did Evie go?" Freddie shouted out from the 3rd row.

I leant myself against my desk and crossed my arms over my chest.

"If I knew , Freddie , I would've gone and found her myself.." I replied , resisting the urge to roll my eyes at the only-eleven-year-old child.

Shelby pipes up from the back , "Why can she go find Evie but Tommy can't?"

By 'she' , Shelby means Kennedy.

"Yeah why can't I?" Tommy joins in.

"Because , as you said yourself earlier Shelby , Kennedy's one of the older ones.." I told them.

"Why isn't that girl wearing uniform?" Daniel asks , rather shouts out.

I sigh , "Because if you decide you want to stay at this school after you turn 17 , you don't have to wear uniform anymore.." I said , growing tired of the questions.

"That girl was really pretty.." Shelby gossips to Isabel sitting on her left. "Miss don't you think that girl was pretty?" Shelby starts again , practically burning holes into me with her unfaltering intense stare.

I sit down at my desk and pull my legs up onto my chair ; sitting cross-legged has always felt the most comfortable to me , even during teaching hours.

"Yes Shelby , Kennedy is a very pretty young lady.." I told her nochalantly.

"Aw you think so?"

I looked over to the door and saw Kennedy stood in the doorway, Evie in her arms trying desperately to lick her face.

Giggles from kids in the class erupted around me in response to Kennedy ; I smiled at her whilst rolling my eyes , standing up from my desk to go and retrieve my dog.

Kennedy smiles at me, "You know this is the second time I've found your dog in only a matter of days.."

I cross my arms , raising one eyebrow slightly. "What do you want?" I ask her , my tone frank and straight to the point.

She grins , "Oh , nothing..." she answers, with an intentionally forced tone of innocence.

I can't help but smile ; shaking my head I take Evie from her arms and hold her against my hip.

"Thank you for the dog , I think Miss Adams will be wondering where you are.." I say , dismissing her last comment.

Kennedy smiles , "I'll see you later , Miss Foster.."

I roll my eyes once more , "Bye Kennedy.."

Kennedy stroked Evie once more across her head before heading back out into the corridor , shutting the door behind her as to lessen the chances of Evie escaping again.

——

The end of day bell sounded and I almost let myself experience that last period relief , that was until it hit me that I still have the A Level revision session to orchestrate with Cate a few classrooms down.

The session isn't due to start for another ten minutes , allowing the kids time to get here from various other buildings over the school site ; our campus is pretty big considering we're only a public secondary and sixth form , nevertheless , from the furthest block to this one , it's quite the trek. That being said , I gathered my bag , my laptop and my dog , before unlocking the office and plonking my stuff down in there where it was more secure. There was already a cup of tea waiting for me on my desk , undoubtedly at the hands of Cate who is quite possibly one of the sweetest humans I have ever met.