Chapter 21

Kennedy's POV

Holy shit. I want her house.

The comfy , cosy , autumn/winter aesthetic is MY THING ; every single house I've ever built on the sims 4 looks like this. I'm in awe.
If I wasn't so crap at things like art and admittedly budgeting, I would without a doubt go down the interior design route and furnish homes for a living.

Gently sitting myself down onto her couch , leaning back comfortably with one leg crossed over the other , I looked around at the layout of this room , taking in every little detail.

The floors are dark hard-wood , and the walls are painted an off-white almost creamy colour ; it's not quite cream but it's not as white as magnolia either , it's somewhere in between.

You know she's financially stable just by the sizeable brown corner-sofa filling a large portion of the space , made out of this soft, almost fluffy but not quite , fabric , and decked out with a creme throw tossed over the back of it as well as matching cushions spaced out periodically.

She has a black glass coffee table sat in the middle of the room , placed centrally on top of a creme-coloured circular teddy rug. Upon the table sat a large pile of presumably unmarked papers , a red pen balanced on the top of them.

She has her TV mounted to the wall above a dark-stone fireplace , built into the forefront of the space ; it would be an understatement to say that I'm jealous.

"Kenn?"

A voice emerged from the hallway behind me ; I obviously knew who's voice it was , it just caught me off guard.

I turned around , meeting Rosie's gaze accompanied by a noticeable smile tampering with her expression.

"Yeah?" I replied , my eyebrows furrowed slightly in confusion. Why is she grinning?

"Everything okay?" she asked.

I frowned confusedly, "Yeah..why?"

"I said your name about three times before you came to?!" she told me as she walked over and sat herself down on the other side of the couch.

I sipped my tea and nodded , "Oh crap sorry , yeah I'm good."

I pulled my feet up underneath me to get more comfortable and sat cross legged , balancing my mug in the gap between my legs.

"I'll be honest with you ,  I doubted you originally purely going off of the decorations in your classroom, but you actually have great taste , your house is beautiful." I stated.

Her jaw dropped , "Ms Wilson and I spent ages putting up those displays , I'm not sure whether to be offended or flattered?"

I smirk , "Just focus on the latter of the sentence, your house is very pretty."

She squints her eyes , "Mhm , why thank you."

I smile , wrapping both hands tightly around my mug of tea to keep them warm. "I have a question"

Rosie sighs , pulling her knees up to her chest and leaning back against the side of her sofa. "What is it with you and questions , Miss Matthews?"

"I'm eager to learn , Miss Foster." I quip back at her.

She lets this one go , as technically she also called me by my last name.

"I also have a question for you , actually"

I raise my eyebrows in surprise, "Wait what? Am I in trouble? What's your question?"

She chuckles , "You're not in trouble, and you started it so you should go ahead with your question."