Chapter 20

Kennedy's POV

It's 12 o'clock. I'm tired , I'm hungry , I've had 4 men who are probably in their mid forties/ early fifties hit on me tonight and I am done. I'm the only member of staff left and I'm ready to go home.

Aside from her original first trip to the bar when she got here , I haven't seen Rosie at all throughout the night. I wish , however, I could say the same about her sister.

Fair do's to her , her sister is in her mid-thirties and still gets pissed as if it were the night of her 18th birthday. She got a little rowdy earlier in the night after her 4th Bloody Mary , and so due to company policy , I had to refuse her anymore alcohol for her sake as well as the sake of the others in the pub (although the majority of them were just as wasted as she was). It would be an understatement to say that this left her a little bitter and so I don't think she's too fond of me right now , the embarrassed look on Rosie's face made it worth it though.

The pub closes in 15 minutes ; I've closed the bar , closed the kitchen , counted stocks and swept all the floors. The only thing left to do is clear everybody out , put the leftover glasses in the dishwasher and quickly wipe down the tables. THEN I can go home.

"Pub closes in five minutes!!" I shouted above the loud chatter filling the room.

At that , the majority of people began to take the last swig of their drinks and make their way to the door ; I smiled and thanked them for coming as each one of them left , although my real feelings towards these people aren't so polite and civil.

Two minutes before close , one of the regulars came up to the bar with a credit card in hand and pointed to a bottle of largar on display behind me.

"I'll have a pint of Shipyard.." he said , leaning forward against the bar with both hands.

Very politely (may I add) , I replied "I'm sorry Sir I can't serve anymore alcohol tonight , we close in 2 minutes."

His eyebrows furrowed , "Just give me the bottle then so I can take it with me."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes or respond to him in the same tone he just spoke to me in. Customer service isn't for me.

"I'm sorry but the tills are closed so I can't do any more transactions , we're closing."

The guy scowls at me , if looks could kill , i would be six feet under by now.

"That's bullshit?? You're not closed yet so why shouldn't I get served??" he responded agitatedly , his voice raised and his hands angrily balled into fists.

As I said , this guy's a regular and is never usually like this , only when he's pissed does he start getting aggressive.

A slight surge of panic coursed through me upon realising that I am in fact the only staff member on the premises, and that this guy weighs twice as much as me and might as well be twice my height.

"Sir I'm sorry but once we're closed , we're closed. I can't serve you tonight." I say , as calmly as I could muster.

In an instant , his fist slammed down onto the bar's counter , creating an ear drum-shattering thud , most likely grabbing the attention of anyone still left in the room. It was then that he leant further forward across the bar towards me , and i could smell the alcohol on his breath as if holding an open bottle right under my nose.

Swallowing thickly, I maintained my composure. "Sir I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"Don't tell me what to fucking do." He retaliated , his voice raising impossibly louder.

"She's told you to leave , so leave." another calm but severe voice piped up.

I looked over the man's shoulder and saw Rosie behind him , that calm but assertive voice belonging to her.