PROLOGUE

☀︎𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨E☀︎︎
"That kid never eats, I don't know how he's still smart."
——————————————

Ji-hye was at the library and studied hour after hour, writing down notes, reading, rereading her notes. She had an exam based on her business classes. Ji-hye studied hard and wanted to prove to her family that did belong in SNU and not because of luck. As she was writing, the smell of coffee got her distracted and she looked up, seeing her boyfriend standing right in front of her.

"I don't have time, I really need to study." Ji-hye looked back down on her paper, Joon-ho sighed

"I just wanted to help out since you're breaking your brain to study, the exam isn't even that bad."

"I just like studying just in case." Ji-hye smiled, she looked at her watch and saw it was about to be twelve in the morning. She placed her pen in her pouch and began to pack her stuff

"Well.... We should get going since it's going to be raining a lot, I don't want you to get sick. You can't handle being sick." Ji-hye pouted at his comment

"I can handle myself. Besides, it's Friday, you know it's the day where I can walk home and enjoy the fresh air." Ji-hye hung her bag around her shoulder.

"I know, I know. But it's going to be raining, Ji-hye."

"See ya tomorrow! Love you!" She quickly but slowly walked so Joon-ho wouldn't hold her back. Midway as she was walking, she started feeling hungry and wanted coffee. She stopped for a minute deciding on what she should do.

-

Ji-hye ran her best to try to reach the bus stop. She passed by the gas station to get coffee which made her late to the bus stop. She ran into crowds, who knew late nights were so busy, especially on a Friday night. Once she had reached the bus stop, she didn't make it on time. She cursed to herself.

It began to rain as she stood there and did not want her coffee anymore. She went and sat at a random bench hoping she'll catch the next bus. Ji-hye saw that her notebooks and papers started to get wet. She took off her coat and covered her bag—-which was a bad idea. Ji-hye felt cold, this was not her day.

Ji-hye bit her nails anxiously, what if someone tries to take this opportunity to kidnap her? Trying to rob her? Maybe even try to kill her? Ji-hye, stop overthinking, she said to herself. Her thoughts got interrupted when someone yelled her name.

"Jae Ji-hye!" Gi-hun yelled and she looked around locking eyes with Sang-woo instead of Gi-hun. They've talked a few times in class or sometimes when Ji-hye stopped at his mothers shop. Other than that, they were like strangers. With Gi-hun, she always talked with him and always hung out whenever they both had free time. Sang-woo and Gi-hun went up walking towards her

"Yeah?" Ji-hye said with her vision a little blurred since of the rain going through her eyes

"Do you need help? You missed your bus."

"No, I'm fine. I'm just waiting for the next bus, it should be here shortly."

"But you're soaked, you're gonna get sick if you don't go anywhere warm. Sang-woo lives close here, we can go to his place." Sang-woo's eyes widen