TWO

☀︎︎𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢☀︎︎
"Red light, green light."
———————————————————

  Ji-hye opened her eyes. Upbeat classical music began to play as she woke up. She had thought about the night before, remembering that as soon she got into the van she was put to sleep. Ji-hye sat up slowly seeing other people rising up as well, confused on why they were put to sleep. Ji-hye looked down and saw she had a number 207, sewed on her jacket—wait a minute...when did I ever change into this? She thought. Ji-hye got up quickly from her bed as she heard fighting and yelling in the middle of the room.

  Everyone surrounded them, it was a middle,late aged man and a younger girl, she looked around in her early twenties. They stopped fighting for a moment and talked. Looks like they were father and daughter. After a moment of them talking the men went over to hit his daughter, kicked her, dropped her, and a lot of other things that made her mouth bleed. As she was thrown to the ground, Gi-hun pushed the other guy over and grabbed the girl by her collar. What the hell is Gi-hun doing here?

  Looks like the girl stole money from Gi-hun when he bumped into her and started to ask for his money back. The older men and Gi-hun were starting to argue, Gi-hun just stop, you're making it worse. The older man was about to attack him but Gi-hun quickly ran away and started shouting that the thug was going to kill him. His constant yelling stopped when there was a beep and the doors opened. People with pink suits, some of them had a circle and only one with a square mask. You couldn't see anything of their identity. This started to get suspicious.

  "I would like to extend a hearty welcome to all of you." The squared mask said "Everyone here will participate in six different games over six days. Those who win all six games will receive a handsome cash prize." 

  "How are we supposed to believe you?" A man spoke up "You suddenly put us to sleep, took away our phones and wallets, then dragged us here to this mysterious place. Now you show up and say you'll pay us handsomely for a few games? Do you expect us to believe that?"

  "We had to enforce those procedures." The square masked answered him "To ensure the utmost security in bringing you here. We'll return everything once the games are over."

  "How come you are wearing those masks?" A lady asked

  "We do not disclose the faces or personal information of our staff to the participants; it's for the sake of fairness and secrecy. Please understand."

  "I don't trust a word you just said." Ji-hye froze at the familiar voice, it can't be him. "Enticement, abduction, confinement. After all that illegal activity, you give us these excuses without revealing who you are. Give us one reason why we should trust you."

  "Player 218, Cho Sang-woo." The guard dimmed the lights and the tv screen turned on "Age, 46. Former supervisor of Team Two at Joy Investments. Embezzled money from his clients, invested it in derivatives and futures and failed. Current loss, 650 million won." Yup, that's Sang-woo.

  After Sang-woo's information was shared, more and more names were mentioned and said how much they were in debt. "All of you in this room have crippling debts and are now on a cliff-edge. When we first went to you. You did not trust us either. But as you know, we played a game and gave you money as promised. And you trusted us and volunteered to participate according to your own free will. You have one last chance to decide."