TEN

☀︎︎𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 TEN☀︎︎
"than an asshole like you."
Late 2000s
————————————————

It has been a couple of months since the situation between Sang-woo and Ji-hye happened. Ever since then, the both of them wouldn't hang out that much considering a lot could've happened between them. Ji-hye also ignored him a couple of times. Cho-hee decided to leave it in the past and wouldn't mention it to Joon-ho since that's what Ji-hye wanted.

  But you can't run away and hide from what you're actually feeling. Ji-hye never considered having feelings for Sang-woo because she always thought about him as a friend but after almost kissing, she couldn't stop thinking about him. The ways Sang-woo treated her even as friends meant something more than that. Sang-woo was more considerate and gentle with her, Joon-ho was too but it felt like he didn't pull all his attention on their relationship. He would barely go on dates with her, spend time with her, he was always "busy" with something. The only nice thing he's ever done was celebrating their fifth anniversary. It's always the ones you never consider liking that treat you better.

  These events lead to Ji-hye and Joon-ho sitting across from each other at a dinner table in Joon-ho's apartment. It was silent, no one had said a word as they sat down. Joon-ho tried to start a conversation but the vibe that was going on, he knew something was going to happen.

  "So..... how was your day?" He tried again to start a conversation

  "It's been good? Just been studying a lot..."

  "Oh."

  "Yeah."

  Ji-hye was thinking about what to say to Joon-ho but the words came out like butter. "I think we should break up." Joon-ho felt like the world was about to end.

  "What?"

  "We should break up."

  "Wha- why? Did I do something wrong? I swear I didn't."

  "No, you didn't do anything wrong. I just feel like I'm always busy with work, school and I just want to focus on my studies."

  "I still don't understand why, we already knew this was going to happen from the start and we both agreed that we wouldn't let that get in the way."

  "Yeah but-."

  "You even promised that you would still stay with me even if there's a lot of things going on. I even held on to that promise!" Joon-ho felt betrayed. A broken promise always hurts the most.

  "Joon-ho."

  "You're a liar! You made a stupid promise that you couldn't even keep." His voice began to break "You were the only girl I chased after since I love you that much!" His reaction started to make Ji-hye feel bad about what's going down.

  "Look, I'm sorry. I just can't focus on more than two things at once. My mind isn't that big to do so. Besides, don't act like the victim here because you know damn well you didn't even enjoy all our time together!"

  "Says who? I most definitely enjoyed our time together. Did your insecure mind make you feel that?" The tears that were about to drop out his eyes were held back.

  "My insecure mind? You're the one who always had other plans. Half of the time I wanted to spend time with you!"

  "I did want to spend time with you but I always had to do something with my friends."

  "That's the point, you always chose your friends over me. But you forbid me to do the same. The hypocrisy isn't really suiting you right now."

  "Yes, hypocrisy. Let's act like you weren't hanging out with Sang-woo when I told you I wanted to go on a date." Ji-hye's heart felt like it stopped beating for a moment. How does he know?

  "What?"

  "I saw you and Sang-woo hanging out in the center of Seoul a couple months ago. Cho-hee had also told me what happened but I just brushed it off."

  "I was doing his mom a favor since I owed her one." Ji-hye really didn't know what else to say. She was caught in a lie, and the fact her own friend ratted her out didn't make the situation better.

  "Was kissing a part of the favor?"

  "We didn't kiss."

  "Hmm... no lips were inches apart?"

  "Look, Sang-woo was helping me to pick out jewelry, I accidentally turned my head and it looked like we were about to kiss."

  "And you keep on defending him. Sang-woo knew you had a boyfriend but still continued to stand so close to you. Now that I'm thinking, is this why we're breaking up? Because of Sang-woo?"

  "No this isn't even about Sang-woo but hey,  if we're still talking about him at least he cares and treated me better than an asshole like you."

  "You're the asshole here. You're breaking up with me for some guy you only knew for a year."

  "For the last time, this isn't about Sang-woo, geez! I am doing it for my own good because I have so many things on my plate."

  "Whatever you say."

  "You know what, I'm not going to argue because you are going to be a waste of my time. So sorry for breaking your heart but this is over." Ji-hye scoffed, getting up and walking out of Joon-ho's apartment.

AUTHOR- This chapter was sm fun to write.
We do not stan Cho-hee for ratting Ji-hye like that, should've never trusted her😒
But, about time Ji-hye and Joon-ho broke up. Total girl boss move🙇🏻‍♀️.
#Jihyangwooforlife 🤝🤝🤝 (or does anyone have any better ship names?😭)