FIVE

☀︎︎𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 FIVE☀︎︎
"You two seem like those types of young people to have a past together."
————————————————

Ji-hye had woken up in the same place she did three days ago. She sat up and stayed in that position. Ji-hye looked around trying to see if she'd find someone familiar, well she did see the woman who claimed that she didn't name her child and wanted to go home so badly but when they voted she wanted to keep on playing. A bit hypocritical. She also saw that players were grouping with each other. She finally got out of bed and walked down the steps. She hadn't realized that there was a group of men hanging around on the steps. Player 101 was talking to Player 067, wanting her to join his team.

"Ah if you won't accept us I guess this wonderful fine lady will." Player 101 turned to Ji-hye, smirking "What do you say beautiful?"

"One ew, and I'll pass, I really wouldn't want to be in a group with all disgusting men."

"It'll be an advantage, you'll be in a group with strong man. We can help you win all games."

"No, you just seem like the type of person to be two-faced and abandon your teammates. I'd rather pass." Ji-hye walked off.

Music began to play throughout the room "Your mealtime begins now. All players, please like up in the center." A robot voice spoke from the speakers "Let me repeat. Your mealtime begins now."

After waiting in the line which felt like forever, Ji-hye finally grabbed a box of lunch and some water. She thanked the guard and began walking to her bed.

"Ji-hye!" Someone called out her name. She looked around and saw that Ali called her name. She looked at the group, seeing Gi-hun, Sang-woo, and The old man sitting around in a circle. "Come eat with us." Ji-hye nodded and sat in between the old man and Ali.

"The rice is cold, jeez." Gi-hun took a bite out of his rice. "We could've warmed it up if we had a stove in the middle. Do you remember?" He looked at Sang-woo "We had a coal stove in our elementary school classroom." His voice started to slowly fade as Ji-hye's mind focused on something else. She was daydreaming about random stuff she could think about. She was also thinking about what the next game would be.

"Ji-hye, hey, Ji-hye." Gi-hun said which made her return to the real world "Are you gonna eat? Your food is going to get colder if you don't eat."

"Yeah. I was just thinking." Ji-hye opened her lunch box and began to eat the rice. Sang-woo just looked at her confused

"Well, if I think about what we did so far, it's probably a children's game, from back in the day." The old man continued the conversation that they were having before Gi-hun was getting worried about Ji-hye.

"Yes, I think so too." Gi-hun looked at the old man "But there are too many games. There are Ddakji Game, Dabanggu. Hopscotch, Biseokchogi. Tag, Don Katsu, Freeze Tag. And for the girls, Gonggi, Elastics, and Cat's Cradle. What else is there?"

"I don't know how to play any of those." Ali said, everyone looked at him

"You didn't play those games with other kids in your country?" Ji-hye asked, Ali shook his head as in no.

"Don't worry. Children's games have simple rules. We'll help if you don't know." Sang-woo told him, Ali smiled

"Thank you."