FOURTEEN

☀︎︎𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 FOURTEEN☀︎︎
"We just have to work together."
————————————————

   The huge yellow gates opened, revealing two tall towers with a surface but there was no middle. Meaning, that you could easily fall if you didn't make it. Ji-hye lined up with the rest of her group on line four. She looked around nervously, she started to overthink about everything.

  "Welcome to the third game." The squared mask guard spoked up "This game is Tug-of-War. You will pull on a rope on that tower. Make your opponents fall and you win." Ji-hye gulped. Maybe the feminist side of her was wrong in this situation. She looked back seeing Gi-hun's reaction then faced forward seeing Sang-woo.

  "Maybe I was wrong, oops." Ji-hye whispered to Sang-woo.

  "Now I will hold a draw to decide which teams go first. Everyone, please sit down." The four groups did as they were told. "I will draw for the team on the left tower." The other guard with a circle shaped mask placed his hand in a black box, reaching to get a black ball. The guard pulled it out and the number on it was number one. "Team one, please stand up." It was the team with the thug and others. "Next, I'll draw for the team on the right tower." Another circle masked guard did the same but their ball had the number seven. They stood up unconfident, they could smell their death.

  "Well they're fucked, goodbye to team seven." Ji-hye felt bad for them but also relived that it wasn't her team going against team one.

  "Not a great moment to joke around." Sang-woo stated.

  "Teams one and seven will play first. Teams one and seven, please enter the towers." Both teams followed a guard on each side.

  "Well this isn't going to end well." Gi-hun gulped

-

  Screaming, heavy breathing, grunting, and groaning is what was heard as the two teams pulled the rope. Ji-hye felt like she was dizzy just by looking at them going back and forth. Team seven had lost and team one won, it wasn't that much of a surprise. Ji-hye just looked down and shook her head, maybe her death had come upon her quickly.

  "I will draw for the next round. Team four." Ji-hye froze. She wasn't prepared for what was next. She slowly got up, so did the rest of the team. "Team five." Group five got up and smirked.

  "Fuck. It's a sausage fest." Ji-hye heard the women say

  "Team four and yes, five, please enter the towers." Group four walked unconfidently. Ji-hye looked on her side and saw how tall the towers were. As they were walking, group team one passed them.

  "What a shame. I wanted to kill you guys myself." Player 101 said. The rest of his group laughed. The group had entered the elevator. Everyone seemed discouraged and unconfident.

  "I was not expecting to die from a tall ass tower." Ji-hye mumbled to herself. She started to play with her fingers, she wished she had on her old engagement ring so she could fidget with it.

  "We'll be okay, Ji-hye. We just have to work together." Gi-hun softly spoke to her and placed his hand on her shoulder. Sang-woo looked at her and then at Gi-hun.

  "Don't be discouraged." The old man spoke up "Tug-of-War isn't just about strength."

  "Then what? Can we win by talking?" Player 196 soccer

  "With Tug-of-War, you can win with just strategy and teamwork."

  "The only one who can save us now is the lord." A religious player said

  "You're barely standing, old man. Stop talking nonsense and save your strength."

  "Has your mother taught you how to respect elders? He probably has a good strategy since he's been here longer than us and knows all the tricks. Let's hear him out at least." Ji-hye scoffed

  "This young lady is right, I've done my share of Tug-of-War in my hometown when I was young, and I rarely ever lost. Even when there was a ssireum athlete on the other team, putting the odds very much against us. Listen closely, and I'll tell you how I beat them back in the day." The old explained a very well strategy that could help them win.

-

  Ji-hye lined up on the left side, in the middle of Sang-woo and Gi-hun. Sang-woo tried to convince her that she should be behind her but Ji-hye didn't listen. The guards tied their hands and locked them with a lock that was on the ties. Ji-hye took a deep breath, before looking at the team in front of her. Both teams lifted up the rope. Ji-hye turned her feet to face parallel to each other and placed the rope under her armpit. A gunshot fired, meaning the game had started. The group leaned back, holding onto the rope, pushing their lower abdomen up to the sky. They were in that position for a few seconds, then they started pulling back. Ji-hye groaned in pain.

  The other team began to slowly slip, until their first person told them to get their shit together. They began to pull back with much force, Ji-hye felt like she was about to collapse. Ji-hye's team began to come forward instead of backwards.

  "Do something! God damnit!" The women cried

  "Pull yourselves together and listen up!" Sang-woo yelled "When I give the sign, just take three steps forward!"

  "Go forward? Are you crazy?" The women yelled back

  "Sang-woo, I know you're smart but this sounds like a bad idea!" Ji-hye yelled, trying to push the rope back

  "We have to make them trip!"

  "That's bullshit." The women screamed

  "Let's give it a shot!" Gi-hun yelled

  "No I can't do it!"

  "If you can't, you'll die! On the count of three! One!, Two!, Three!" The groups ran forward, making the other team trip. Gi-hun leg dangled on the end of the bridge.

  "Gi-hun!" Ji-hye yelled "We have to pull back before Gi-hun falls down!" The rest of the team pulled back, making it back on the bridge. The other team started to fall off the bridge. "Pull harder with all your strength!" The other team fell and the more weight fell, the others started to fall forward as well.

   "I thought this wasn't part of the deal!" Gi-hun yelled, It stopped once the machete cut the rope. They all feel back, breathing hard, exhausted from using all their force.

AUTHOR- HEYYY! I have school tmr and I don't want to go😭
I'm still debating if I should write the next chapters as flashbacks so you guys can see how Sang-woo's and Ji-hye's relationship develop before I write ab their breakup and their life's after the breakup (like Ji-hye's past engagement).
Random thought: I love and live for Gi-hun's and Ji-hye's friendship💪
AHHHH TYSM FOR 2K READS!!! <333