TWENTY-THREE

☀︎︎𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 TWENTY-THREE☀︎︎
"There really isn't any way to escape debt."
———————————————

    "Doctor, she needs to be treated now, she's lost a lot of blood."  One of the doctors said as the group of doctors pushed the wheeled stretcher that Ji-Hye was on, to seek medical attention.

  "Alright, everyone listen! Someone get me a surgen now, she has a deep wound that'll require surgery."

  "Doctor, how would we do that? She's pregnant, the baby won't be able to resist it. The glass is close to the fetus. She might make it but the baby won't." One of the female doctors said, worriedly, as they placed Ji-Hye on a bed.

  "We'll try our hardest to keep the baby alive but in this situation, if we don't take that piece of glass out, she'll lose a lot blood and she'll die with the baby."

  What felt like forever, the surgeons performing surgery on Ji-Hye had finally been accomplished. She had came to visit Yongin with her fellow fiancé, Minjun. Things didn't go out as planned. They had gotten into a car accident, a horrible one. Both of them were injured badly.

Ji-Hye opened her eyes and sat up, grasping for air. She looked around, she saw that she was connected to a monitor, in a patient outfit, there was bandages all over of body. She remembered the sudden events that happened last night. She quickly looked over to her stomach, touching it to see if her baby boy was alright, but, she didn't feel anything. She began to feel like if this was a dream, this couldn't be happening.

"Miss.Jae, it's good to see that you're alright." One of the nurses spoke softly. "How are you feeling?"

"My head still hurts a bit but, uh good." Ji-Hye gulped "H-How's Minjun and my baby?" The nurse's bright face dimmed a bit. Ji-Hye noticed, her heart felt like it was slowly breaking apart. "No, no." Ji-Hye lips trembled "Nurse, what happened?"

"We're sorry, Miss.Jae, we perform surgery on you, you made it out alive. The baby didn't." Tears began to form in Ji-Hye's eyes. "For your fiancé, a piece of glass was deeply cut into his brain. It cut the inside of his brain stem. I'm sorry for your loss."

Ji-Hye shook her head, holding on to her stomach, breaking down into tears. She cried heavily, wanting to scream. Her lips trembled. "This can't be happening, nurse! Please, please." She sobbed "This isn't true! This has to be a damn dream!" She yelled.

"I'm sorry."

Ji-Hye quickly woke up when she felt someone shake her. She got up defensively, almost hitting the person who woke up her. Her face soften when she saw it was Sang-Woo. She sighed in relief, she rubbed her eyes, feeling that there were tears running down her face.

"Are you okay? You were crying as you were sleeping. I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Psh, yeah, I'm fine. Just a memory that happened to appear in my dream." She got up and ran her fingers through her hair. "Is Ali asleep yet? I can cover for him." Ji-Hye scooted up a little to sit beside Sang-Woo.

"Yeah, that's also why I woke you up."

Ji-hye nodded and played with her nails while looking up front, making sure no one would come to attack. Sang-woo just sat there silently. He looked over at her to make sure she was okay, he observed her. With all the years they spent together, Sang-Woo knew when Ji-Hye played with her nails, she's worried and nervous about something that's bothering her. He placed his hand over hers. Ji-Hye froze for a moment, it had been so long that they had a touching contact and just being the only ones together. She looked over to Sang-Woo, she could tell the note on his face that he's worried.

  "Sang-Woo." She spoke softly "I'm fine." Her voice cracked a bit.

  "It's okay to cry and let it all out. Ji-Hye, what happened?" Ji-Hye took a deep breath.

  "Two years later that we broke up. I just wanted someone to uh, be there for me. I guess I was desperate to just to have someone by my side even though I'm the one who broke things off with you and I didn't know how to cope. So, me and Minjun got in contact again and I have him a chance. It was a quick thing that happened, like, a few months later I was pregnant."

"You have a child?"

"I could've. He would've been six years old today." Her voice cracked a bit "Then, Minjun proposed to me and we were planning to get married in June, the baby would've been four months. But when we took a trip to Yongin we got into a horrible, horrible, car accident.... I was the only one who made it out alive." Sang-Woo was shocked by this news, he gulped a bit and saw that Ji-Hye was crying once again. He scooted a little closer to her and pulled her in his chest. She cried in his chest and he ran his fingers through her hair. "T-They performed surgery on me that made the baby not make it and a piece of sharp glass cut deeply in Minjun's brain."

  "You don't deserve that. You should be out there having a good life, not losing your loved ones. You deserve so much better."

  "It's not Minjun's death that hurt me the most, what hurt me more is that he left a whole bunch of debt behind, since I was his fiancé, it all loaned up to me. That's how I got stuck in this hell hound." Sang-Woo shook his head.

"Jae Ji-Hye, always choosing the wrong men."

"I am offended by that." She lifted her head off of Sang-Woo's and wiped her tears off. "But you do have a valid point. What about you?"

"Nothing really changed after we broke up. I sticked to the same lies, the police looking for me for financial fraud. I lost all my clients money in the stock market and they want their money back." Sang-Woo sighed "I just thought that being Ssangmun-dong pride and joy meant that I had to try my best and not let everyone down. But at the end of the day, I did but no ones knows because I've been living in a life filled with lies and mistakes. I even lied to my own mother." Ji-Hye held on to his hand, caressing it softly.

  "You can still make it up to them. Try to work hard to win the next games, make it out alive so you can win the grand prize."

  "It'll still be a crime on crime. People dying so that I can win money. Getting money off of dead people to pay my debts, then probably go to jail when one of my clients see me again. There really isn't any way to escape debt."

AUTHOR- Ji-Hye and Sang-Woo both deserve better.
They better make it out alive and have a family together.