TWENTY-ONE

☀︎︎𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 TWENTY-ONE☀︎︎
"There's an event happening today."
2001
———————————————

  These past few months students have been working hard since the end of the school year was coming soon. They studied for many hours since there are huge exams that determine if you passed the grade and for High Schoolers, what college they could attend depending on how they score. Ji-Hye was one of the few students in her High School that got enrolled at Seoul National University, she was grateful for this wonderful opportunity to be a businesswomen and grow strong financially. It was always her dream to own a company and knew how to control the amount of money she had.

  For Sang-Woo, it was his last year in SNU, he was going to graduate in a few weeks. These last months we had been working hard and trying his very best at everything. He was so busy that he barely had any free time to go out or hang out with friends but his friends understood why he couldn't study. On some days, he and Ji-Hye would go out to eat, then go to the library to study. He guided her and helped her out on the important information Ji-Hye needed to know because he was once in her place, he wanted her to score well on these exams. When he finally took the exams, all his hard work did help. He scored really high, higher than expected. It was rumored that he was the top of his class, which is a bonus on a resume and in life.

  Sang-Woo was heading back to class after his ten minute break he has after every class. He threw away his cup of water as he was walking up the steps. He saw in front of him Ji-Hye, setting her books down, tying her hair in a low ponytail, and opened up her bag. Sang-Woo stood there looking at her, she was stressed and he could tell. These studies were really overwhelming and took time out of your life. He decided to help her out, so he walked up to the table where she was sitting.

  "Is this seat taken?" Sang-Woo asked, Ji-Hye jumped a bit, not being aware of his presence.

  "Oh my god, you scared me. What if you gave me a heart attack before doing my exams?studying would've been a waste of my time." Ji-Hye glared at him, he smiled before sitting down. "Shouldn't you be heading back to class? Your ten minute break was over like one minute ago."

  "I already took my exams, there's nothing more to study about. It's optional to go back to class if needed."

  "Well you should go back, you may need some more knowledge since you don't know anything." Ji-Hye joked.

  "I doubt it, I mean, I did score higher than others. I beat the record." Sang-Woo flexed, Ji-Hye was shocked but also happy.

  "No way? Oh my god!" Ji-Hye jumped out of her seat, running over to Sang-Woo, giving him a big tight hug. "Ahhhh, congrats. Studying did pull off!" Sang-Woo patted his hand over her hand, She embraced him one more time before letting him go.

  "Thank you."

  "You know, you deserve a gift. What do you want for your graduation gift? Name anything and I'll buy it."

  "You don't have to, it's not needed."

  "Of course it's needed. You told me before that you were Ssamun-dong's prodigy for even entering SNU and now that you scored high, you're going to be there highest ranker. That's a hell of a flex!" Sang-Woo smiled at her comment

  "Cmon, at least a favor or anything. You deserve something for your hard work." Ji-Hye returned to her spot, Sang-Woo looked down, remembering that there was something happening in Seoul today.

  "Well, there's an event happening today, at 8pm. I was going to go with Gi-Hun but all of a sudden he was busy so now I guess, do you want to come with me?"

  "I would love to."

  "So, it's a date?" Those words blurted out of Sang-Woo's mouth. He didn't even think twice before saying. Ji-Hye smiled at his reaction, he was embarrassed.

  "It's a date then."

-

  Ji-Hye and Sang-Woo were walking on the streets of Seoul. Bright lights were hanging on trees, a lot of people gathered at stations, people speaking about the Bible and God, talking, music, singing, food, crowds stopping and looking at shops. It was a typical day of an event happening in Seoul. Either people are doing promos of their songs or shops. Ji-Hye always loved going to these types of places, it brought her peace since she didn't have to worry about anything but listening to music and looking around in shops and it reminded her of her childhood.

  "I wish I could live in these places forever. They're enjoyable." Ji-Hye adored the view

  "Yeah they are, it's a place that shows that humanity still exists. Are these types of places significant?"

  "They actually are, usually on Friday's if I did well on my daily studies, me and my appa would come to these type of places and just goof around, I wish we still could." The last sentence caught Sang-Woo off guard, Ji-Hye noticed it. "Yeah, that's something I didn't tell you. But we're still learning more about each other so.."

  "You can tell me when you're ready."

  "I am, I have to let it off my chest somehow." Ji-Hye shrugged "My appa died when I just turned 13, he suffered from lung cancer and he fought his battle for many years but I guess it got worse and he died. His last words to me were "Take care my beautiful Ji-Hye, help your amma get stronger. Don't be sad about me. I will always and forever love you." I didn't know that was his last goodbye." Ji-Hye sighed

  "I'm sorry for your loss, you didn't deserve to lose someone you love at a young age."

  "I mean, things happen for a reason, right? Maybe it happened so my imo could just take out all her sadness and anger out on me, blaming me for my appa's death." Ji-Hye faked chuckled. "Sorry, that's how I cope."

  "I'm not judging, the more I know." Sang-Woo raised his eyebrow, Ji-Hye just bit the inside of her mouth. They both kept walking farther until a cameraman approached them.

  "Hey! You two, you guys look like a wonderful pair and I wanted to ask if I could take a picture of you two?"

  "Uhhh...." Sang-Woo looked at Ji-Hye for her approval, she nodded "Sure."

  "Finally! Thank you! Okay, you two guys stand there—under the tree! And look at each other, to make it more beautiful and lovable." The cameraman suggested, and they did as they were told. "Okay, one! Two! Three!" A 'click' sound was made as the cameraman took a picture, the film came rolling down the camera. "Ooh, it came out good."

  The cameraman gave Ji-Hye the picture, she grabbed it and looked at it, she smiled. Ji-Hye observed it and saw that her and Sang-Woo did have potential, everyone noticed it from the start besides them. "It looks beautiful, thank you." She thanked the cameraman.

  "Aish it's nothing, I like taking photographs of beautiful objects or when two people have a strong connection. For example, you two. You guys should really get together, it'll clean out the awkwardness." He smiled at them one more time before walking off.

  "I wish." Ji-Hye mumbled.

AUTHOR- HEY! HOW ARE YOU GUYS TODAY?
I have like thus big Spanish exam tomorrow and I'm so nervous 😭