FOUR

☀︎︎𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 FOUR☀︎︎
"I promise you on that."
Twenty-two years ago
————————————————

It was a cold morning. It was one of those days that all you want to do is just stay in bed covered around the warm covers and drink hot chocolate. But sadly, those days always happen when it's a school day. Ji-hye quickly walked to the Cafe where she was going to meet up with Joon-ho before class. Earlier this morning, Ji-hye rushed trying to get ready since she had spent the night at Sang-woo's house which caused her to run late.

"Sorry I'm late, I had to wait at the bus stop, go home and change, and wait again at the bus stop." Ji-hye walked up to where Joon-ho was standing and she took a deep breath.

"It's okay. You were far from home. Good thing I got you your favorite coffee." Ji-hye sat beside him, taking the coffee from him, taking a sip. "So... how was last night?" Ji-hye had noticed his jealousy tone when he was talking.

"Joon-ho, for the last time, he was just helping me out. Nothing happened, I promise you."

"I know I sound jealous but I just don't want some other guy who you just talked to for a few hours to take you away from me." Ji-hye chuckled

"It'll be alright. I'm all yours, nothing can come in between." Ji-hye held his hand "I give you my word on this. I love you so much that I don't want to lose you either."

"I can't lose you either." Joon-ho looked at the time and saw that Ji-hye was about to be late for school. "As much I want to share feelings, you need to get your education." Ji-hye frowned

"Sometimes I wish I could stay with you all day."

-

Ji-hye and Joon-ho walked on campus , Joon-ho gave her one last forehead kiss before letting her go to class. Ji-hye's smile slowly faded away as she stepped inside the building. She really didn't want to come to school today, she preferred to stay home all day and sleep. But, the dream of her being a successful businesswoman and proving her family wrong always kept her motivated to come to class.

Ji-hye entered a room filled with a lot of people. She looked around confused as to why there were so many people. She had totally forgotten that it was a day that the business classes would study before the big midterms exams. Ji-hye just sat at a random table she could find.

She sat down and took out her notes she had written down out of her bag. She reviewed them over and over again. She had also started to read the textbooks to make sure she was prepared. She was about to grab her highlighters out when she saw her friend Cho-hee running towards her.

"I heard what happened." Cho-hee sat down and tried catching her breath, Ji-hye looked at her confused

"What happened?"

"You seriously don't know what happened? You're literally a part of it."

"What did I get into? I've literally done nothing."

"Fine, I'll tell you." Cho-hee cleared her throat "Someone from here saw you leave Sang-woo's apartment with his clothes on. So, people are suspecting things. Like if you two slept together."

"What-" Ji-hye sighed "Why do people always assume things. Sang-woo was just helping me out since it was raining. Who was the person who said this?"

"That I don't know, I just heard some females talking about it and saying 'you're living their dream' since you were with Sang-woo. Then, others were saying if you and Joon-ho were still together."

"Well me and Joon-ho are still together, he was aware that I stayed over at Sang-woo's. I don't know why people need to bring up assumptions if they don't know what happened."

"True. But hey, you get a bit of attention in SNU since that rarely happens." Cho-jee joked, Ji-hye slapped her arm "Ouch, you've gotten stronger."

"Please, that wasn't even a smack." Ji-hye grabbed her highlighters "Now, let's get studying since you're a hard head who doesn't understand anything. Still don't know how you managed to get into SNU."

"Hey! I have good grades. I can just act dumb sometimes."

-

"Why are we still talking about this?" Ji-hye complained, it had been a few minutes since class ended. Ji-hye and Cho-hee decided to grab a snack before returning back to their lessons.

"Because.... You are living the dream. You're literally the main topic of today."

"I really don't see how it's relevant for someone desperately wanting someone who they barely know."

"I guess good looks and being smart can be a 'relevant reason'." Cho-hee threw her candy wrapped in the trash and saw Sang-woo walking up to the table where Ji-hye and Cho-hee were sitting. "Speaking of him."

"Ji-hye." He said, Ji-hye turned around and looked at him "Can I, uh, talk to you?"

"Uh, yeah. I'll meet you in class Cho-hee." Ji-hye followed Sang-woo to a more private place where they could talk.

"So I'm guessing you've heard about the rumors?"

"Yeah.. they are moving around quickly. People will assume more shit that we're hiding just to talk."

"Sorry about that, I just felt like I needed to talk to you privately." Sang-woo stuffed his hand in his pockets "How do you feel about the rumors?"

"If I'm being honest, I don't feel anythi—maybe just annoyed but not too much since we both know the truth and people just want to cause things."

"Yeah. Oh yeah." Sang-woo remembered something. He grabbed his bag and took out another two bags "Here's your clothes that you left."

"Oh my god, I had totally forgotten I left those there." Ji-hye's cheeks turned red, Sang-woo just gave her a smile that it was okay

"Also, my mom thought you were there for breakfast but you were running late so she just packed you lunch." Sang-woo gave her the two bags

"Thank you. And also tell your mom thank you, she's the sweetest person I've ever met."

"She seems to like you."

"Should that be a good thing or a bad thing?"

"Eh, it can go both ways. Depending." Sang-woo jokes "It's actually a good thing. She really does like you, she's never done this for anyone. Not even to Gi-hun."

"Well I'm honored, I am one likable person."

"Well see you around Ji-hye I've got a class to attend."

"Bye." Ji-hye smiled at him and waved him off

AUTHOR- How are you today?
TYSM FOR 400+ READS!!! I swear I was just at 90 reads😭