TWENTY-SEVEN

☀︎︎𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 TWENTY-SEVEN☀︎︎
"It would be impossible to betray you."
———————————————

  Ji-Hye looked at Sang-Woo, not sure on which option to choose. "We can be great partners and outsmart everyone, please Ji-Hye."

  "I don't know Sang-Woo, who knows what the next game is."

  "Please."

  Ji-Hye sighed, almost giving in.  She got her arm off of her Sang-Woo's hand and fully faced him.  She looked up a bit to meet with his eyes.  Ji-Hye grabbed Sang-Woo's hands and held them together, caressing them carefully.

  "I would love to be your partner."  Sang-Woo sighed in relief.  "But, I don't really trust what's happening next.  We can't be partners."  Ji-Hye bit the inside of her cheek.

  "Ji-Hye we can win together and beat other teams.  You're the most intelligent woman I know."

  "I know, I know.  What if we have to go against each other? That'll be most painful thing ever.  If we both are together, one of us have to go."

  "You're overthinking it, what if it's not like that."

  "In this situation I thought your mind would think for once, Sang-Woo.  Maybe you will need someone big and strong."

  "The games here either require strength or brains.  We can do both or you can be the brains and I'll be the strength."

-

  Sang-Woo ended up being partners with Ali after Ji-Hye rejected his offer.  He was a little hurt by the fact that Ji-Hye didn't want to be partners with him.  Ji-Hye ended up being partners with player 062 even if he didn't want too.  Time was running out and no one knew what would happen to the left out player so player 062 gave in and was Ji-Hye's partner.  Ji-Hye was glad she found a person that she barley knew because if they did have to go up against each other, it wouldn't be with someone she loves and cares about.

  "All players, follow the instructions from staff and go to your positions." The robotic voice announced.  Each group had a guard and followed them into a certain place in a small looking village.  Ji-Hye carefully followed the guard.  She took a deep broth and looked around.  Once all the players got to their spot, the robotic voice spoked up, once again.  "Please take one pouch each."  Ji-Hye grabbed her pouch.  "There are ten marbles in each pouch.  Please check how many there are."

  Once Ji-Hye opened her pouch, the memories of her and her dad playing marbles when she was kid came flooding back.  Who knew that a marble could have a special significant, Ji-Hye choked on air as she remembered all the wholesome memories.  She let those thoughts aside and began to count the marbles that were in her pouch.

  "In this game, use your ten marbles to complete with the partner next to you." Ji-Hye's face dropped in realization, her heart felt like it stopped.  Her instincts were right after all.  "The player who takes all ten marbles from their partner wins.  Let me repeat.  Use your ten marbles to complete with the partner next to you.  The player who takes all ten marbles from their partner wins.  You have 30 minutes.  Let the games begin."

  All Ji-Hye wanted to do was bawl up in a circle and cry.  She didn't know if it was the relief that she didn't partner up with Sang-Woo or that the marbles triggered her memories with her dad that she couldn't handle.  She just sighed and looked over to her partner.