EIGHTEEN

☀︎︎𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 EIGHTEEN☀︎︎
"You sure do know what high expectations I have."
Late 2000s
———————————————

Ji-Hye had made a promise to Gi-Hun that she'll make it in time to go to the New Year's party in Seoul with him and Sang-Woo. Gi-hun really wanted for Ji-Hye and Sang-Woo to talk to each other more; hopefully they'll get together and have a happy life. He knew that the both of them were meant for each other, he could feel it deep down his heart. Ji-Hye and Sang-Woo were each other's blind spot.

Ji-Hye sighed, placing a few more things before she zipped up her suitcase. Truth is, Ji-Hye would want to stay in her hometown forever, she was closer to family, friends, and there's a lot here. She barely had any family in Seoul, besides her Imo who she didn't like. Her imo would always judge her family, she would judge her brother for marrying a woman who worked while her brother stayed at home. She believed that the women should always be home to do the cleaning and the cooking not men. Her imo would be insensitive to her brother whenever he mentioned about his lung cancer, she would always say that it wasn't a "valid" reason to not work and he should be a "men." She would also judge Ji-Hye, you can tell she was jealous of Ji-Hye's success and at one point she blamed Ji-Hye for her fathers death since his last moment was with him.

"You don't even deserve to have our last name!" Her imo screamed at her with tears roaming down her eyes "You don't deserve to have Jae in your name!"

"Imo, I didn't do anything" Ji-Hye gulped "I swear I didn't."

"My brother died because of you! He could've been alive right now but no, he had to be a father and spend all his last breaths on you."

"All we did was just talk, he told me stories of his childhood." Tears began to form in Ji-Hye's eyes. "I didn't think those would be his final words."

"That's not the point, Ji-Hye! He should've been resting, not playing around with some brat who needed attention."

"But he always wanted to play with me, I didn't as-."

"Just shut up!, shut up!" She screamed loudly, Ji-Hye began to cry. "This is all your fault! Just some stupid spoiled brat who needed attention!"

"I'm sorry." Ji-Hye apologized "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, imo. I never wanted this to happen. I'm sorry that I disappointed you."

"Well you should because for the rest of your life, you're going to be blamed for your fathers death. You're a murder!"

For all those years, Ji-Hye always believed she was the cause of her fathers death and if one of her relatives said she wasn't, she wouldn't believe it. She would always cry to herself to sleep, thinking she was murder and thought about how things would've been different if her father had never spent so much time with her and waste his breath, he could've still been here right now. Her Grandmother would always ask her what's wrong and she always said that she was stressed about school. Each time she spent time with her mother she would always force a smile on her face and act like nothing happened. After a year feeling like that, when she finally turned fourteen, she had realized that it was never her fault that her father died. Her imo just wanted Ji-Hye to feel bad since she had everything her Imo didn't have. It was also the year that her mother found out what her husband's sister said to her daughter and that made her blood boil.