chapter 14

devyn*
     "this is the loneliest city in the world, you know" i began as i looked at timmy. i didn't know if i should feel hurt by him leaving me for months or happy that he came back. but, he was truly the only person i made a connection with here and to leave me, without a warning, was cruel. i feel stupid being so heartbroken over a guy, a guy that didn't even have the decency to text me once in a while. the only thing maintaining my sanity was theatre, but even that was becoming annoying as i hardly even got call backs. everything in my life made me feel so discouraged and i had no one to talk to.
     "devyn" timmy began as i stood there in disbelief. i looked him in the eyes stunned and heartbroken at once. "im back, for good," he exclaimed.
      "don't say things you don't mean," i began as i looked away from him. he can not possibly expect me to believe him, not after everything.
     "i had a job, i couldn't jut come back here," he began stammering.
     "YOU COULD'VE CALLED!!!" i shouted at him and turned around. i can't believe he expected everything to go back to normal, he is the one who left, he is the one that didn't call, he is the one who said he would stay. and now I AM EXPECTED to do what he wants, to be so desperate that i will just follow him like a puppy.
    "devyn, please," he put his hand on my shoulder, making me angrier, "DON'T" i screamed tears rushing down my face.
     i began storming away. i had an audition anyways and i couldn't afford to be distracted over a stupid argument with a man that didn't even care about me.