chapter 9

*devyn*  
it's been a week since i last saw timmy. i didn't wanted to bug him because i know he probably doesn't want to be in the lime light right now. especially for something that isn't true. but i honestly wish he would just call.

*timothée*
devyn hasn't texted me since that night. i hope i didn't scare her from talking to me, because she is one of the only people i truly connect with. i guess i just don't want to ruin that and make her be famous when she isn't ready for that. but, the next time i see her i'm gonna make it count.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*devyn*
today is my first day at NYU and to say i'm nervous would be an understatement. i feel like it's gonna be the same as high school, rich people paying their way to the top and the rest of us having to use our talent in order to prove ourselves.
as i was getting ready for my first day i heard a knock on the door. so i got up and looked through the peephole. "what the hell," i uttered.
i opened the door to see if anything was there and there was my clothes that we left at the cafe. i was having so much fun that day i completely forgot about it. to the side of it was a caramel iced coffee and a bag from the cafe with a bagel inside. I grabbed everything and brought it in my room.
    i looked in the bag to see a post it note inside
"i heard today was ur first day at NYU, ur extremely talented and have nothing to worry about. you got into nyu for acting and i know you are going to do great. ;)
  -timmy"
      i couldn't help but smile. over the past week i felt like timmy didn't care but that clearly wasn't the case. he is one of the most caring people i have met in my entire life and i immediately felt reassured that today would be a good day.
      my first and only class of the day is acting 101. i got their 5 minutes early because it would be embarrassing to show up late. i entered the room surprised by the little number of students there.
      i chose to sit by myself because i am not the type of person to sit next to a random person because i never know if they are saving the seat for someone else.
    i looked down at my phone when i heard a calm and nervous voice, "is anyone sitting here," she asked. i looked up to see a short pretty girl with chocolate skin and a wide smile. "no," i responded, "its free." she smiled.
     "where are you from," she asked.
     "originally a small town in pennsylvania but in 8th grade i moved to south florida where i eventually auditioned and got in to an arts school, you" i asked.
     "i was born and raised in new york. it has always been my dream to go to nyu," she responded.
     "mine as well. whenever something bad happened to me i would always remind myself that i will be at nyu."
     after that we began talking until class began. our professor explained that today would be the most boring day because we have to go over the syllabus. i listened to every word he said and made sure to take notes.
     "you," he asked pointing to me.
    "uh, yes," i responded. being called out by my professor on the first day was not something i ever wanted to experience.
    "you seem much more ambitious for being here than most. why do you want to be here," he asked. i was surprised my theatre teachers in the past completely glanced over me and now i'm the only one he sees.
     "well, i've always acted because i wanted to escape my everyday life and be someone different. but i always knew that i would be going to nyu," i said.
     "we need more of you around here," he said, "it seems like most of you are only here because of who your parents are and because u have the privilege to easily pay for this not because of your talent."
     i sat there in shock everything i had thought to myself all day was coming right out of his mouth.
when class was over i left smiling and ready to call my mom and tell her how my day had gone. as i began walking i saw a familiar face in the distance standing outside the building of my dorm.
"timmy what are you doing here," i asked.