Chapter 16

*Devyn*

"maybe we can find a place to feel good and we can treat people with kindness," I began to fumble for my phone as Treat People With Kindness by Harry Styles began playing. I guess I figured waking up to a happy upbeat song would be less jarring, but I was definitely wrong. It's difficult to be mad at your alarm when it is telling you to treat people with kindness, but I somehow managed to find a way.

Once I turned it off I looked toward my window, opening the curtains to see the sun beginning to rise in the sky. It was 7 a.m. but the sun was still making its way up, and I could see the pink hue begin to cast the city.

I then turned to my closet, I needed the perfect outfit for today's audition. I grabbed a green dress with a marble design along the front and a black leather jacket to go on top. I then put my black Doc Martens on, tying the shoes into perfect bows. As I looked at my collection of earrings I found the perfect pair, crescent moons with a red marble design inside of them. 

I grabbed my Shakespeare and company tote bag that I got at a book store in times square and grabbed a celsius from my mini-fridge. As I walked through the city I felt a confidence I never had before. I had this role, it was made for me, everything I worked for was to get this part, who cared if Timmy was the person in between me and this role, I have dealt with much worse.

I entered the building and saw one other person sitting in a chair. When I went to sign in I noticed they were not handing out numbers. This must have been an incredibly small call back. Sitting down I could smell the freshly brewed coffee in the air, taking me back to that small cafe timothée and I used to go to all the time, the days we were chased by paparazzi and...oh my god I am in love with timothée-

"Devyn Adams," my head turned as I heard my name and I immediately stood up and walked towards the room. As I entered I saw Timmy standing 10 feet away, his jaw-dropping in shock as I walked towards the table. "Take this, we will be doing a cold reading, just to see how you two interact."

I walked towards Timmy less than a foot away staring into his eyes before looking down at my paper. "How could you do it," I pleaded as I looked him in the eyes. 

"I did what I thought was best," he responded sharply.

"b-but this whole...whatever this is. what was it to you?" I turned away from him, not knowing if I truly wanted the answer.

He then came behind me using his arm to spin me around towards him, so that we were only an inch away from each other. looking into each other's eyes as the tension began to build within the room. "you mean everything to me," he smiled before placing his forehead on mine and maintaining eye contact. 

"you can't just walk in here and charm me like that," I tease placing my hand on his cheek and rubbing my thumb along it.

"but, it works every time," he grinned before leaning down and kissing me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and began to smile. I missed this, this feeling, this charm he always seemed to have. 

"Cut." I pulled away from Timmy and he stood next to me hands behind his back, before nudging my side with his body and smiling. 

"That was great," the casting director began. "I think we found our Julia," he stated matter-of-factly, "you have this charm and chemistry that oozes from the two of you." I stood there smiling. and I grabbed timothée's hand and squeezed it excitedly. 

"you have the part," he stated allowed.

"Oh My God," I screeched, I ran to the bald man, hugging him with all my might, "Thank you so much!!" 

"rehearsals start next Monday," he stated, "you will receive your script at our table read."

I ran to Timmy hugging him with all my might. He grabbed my hand and walked me out the door with him. "I missed you," he let out with a disappointed face.

"So did I," I opened up, "which is why I was so angry when you finally came back and acted like nothing was wrong." 

"you're right," he began as he put his hand to my cheek, "I am a dick." He leaned in and kissed me as my face began to turn red.

 This. This is what I wanted.