chapter 8

*devyn*
timothée walked me back to my dorm once the musical was over.
   "i don't know how to thank you," i said once we reached my dorm, "today has been one of the best days of my life."
   "you don't need to thank me. it's your first day in new york and i could never let you be lost in a big city," timmy said with a wide smile on his face.
   "thank you, really. today felt special," i said opening my dorm room, "i'll text you soon."
    i sat on my bed smiling looking for my phone. once i found it i saw that i had thousands of instagram notifications.
    "did you see, you're trending on twitter," my roomate olivia said.
   "what," i asked, " i don't even have twitter."
   "the paparazzi saw you and timothée chalamet holding hands and now everyone thinks ur dating," she explained.
   "but, we are not he was just giving me a tour and when the paparazzi came he grabbed my hand to guide me out of there."
    "that's not what twitter thinks," she said as she began to leave, "i'm going to the dining hall. do you want to come,"  
     "I would love to, but i need to call my mom," i explained.
     "okay," she said as she began to leave the room.
    i went on instagram to see what all of these notifications were about. i now had over 10,000 followers and was tagged in a bunch of timothée chalamet fan accounts posts of us being harassed by paparazzi.
    my mom was expecting a call, so i began to dial her number until she answered.
   "hey mom how are you," i asked when she answered the phone.
   "good, but who is this timothée guy commenting on all of ur posts, he seems very attractive," she said.
    i chuckled, "we met on the flight to New York and he offered to give me a tour of the city, so i went."
    "that's why you were on extra, they showed the photo timothée posted on his instagram and then a photo of you two holding hands in new york," she said excitedly.
    "really," i asked, "we were just walking when we saw paparazzi, so timothée grabbed my hand to guide me through the crowd. i guess they used the pictures to act like we are dating."
      "honestly i thought u were when i saw those pictures," my mom said, "or maybe that's what he wants people to think.
     "i don't think so, he said he was sorry that the paparazzi came."
    "of course, but please be safe in New York and call me the next time you get the chance. love you."
    "love you too," i reassured her as i hung up.
    how did i go from being a nobody that people hated in highschool. to being perceived as a celebrity's girlfriend all in one day. i decided to text timmy since i promised him and he always knows how to cheer me up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                   Devyn.Adamss
                                                heyyy
tchalamet
i'm so sorry you
are trending on
twitter i didn't want
any of that to happen
Devyn.Adamss
Trust me it's fine.                       today was one of the                                        best days of my life and
                                         nothing can change that.
tchalamet
have a great night
and i can't promise
you that there won't
be a better day soon.

                                                    Devyn.Adamss
                                                                            🥺