chapter 7

*devyn*
    we entered the pizza place and i have to admit it felt like a family owned pizza place that makes everyone feel welcomed. They sat us in a booth near the back of the restaurant.
    "I love new york," i said. maybe i should've held that in but it was the truth. i don't know if i liked it because timmy was here or because i love the city.
      "i'm glad," timmy said, "new york is pretty big though and sometimes you can feel lost in this big mess of a city."
      "i don't know there just is something magical about it and i feel like i can be myself without someone judging me for my music taste or hobbies and that i can finally fit in." 
    "i guess i wouldn't really know how that feels, since i grew up here. that just seems normal to me. no one really cares what you're doing unless you're a celebrity of course" timmy joked.
       "in highschool i was finally able to go to an arts school once we moved from our small town.  it was for acting as i am pretty sure you assumed," i said.
      "i went to an arts school for acting as well," timmy said excitedly.
"really? i guess we do have a lot in common after all" i said.
20 minutes later the pizza finally came out.
"are you ready to taste the best pizza you've ever had," timmy said taking a slice out of the pizza.
"i guess i am," i took the first bite as timmy watched me. i have to admit the pizza was probably the best i have ever had but i couldn't let timmy know that.
"how is it," he asked.
"i have had better," i teased him.
"really," he asked, "the service is incredible and the pizza is made from scratch."
"maybe it is the best pizza i have ever had," i teased him while taking a sip from my cherry coke.
"are you screwing with me," timmy began to tease me with a wide smile on his face.
i had never felt this way before genuinely happy and not faking it. i could be myself with timmy and he wouldn't judge me. i didn't have that many friends in highschool. my school was very competitive once you became friends with someone they would stab you in the back, so they could get the lead in the play.
"we should go," timmy said, "the show starts in an hour and it's a 20 minute walk from here."
"that sounds good." we began briskly walking towards broadway. i was excited book of mormon is one of my favorite musicals and when timmy brought it up i was genuinely excited.
"here we are," timmy said while pointing to the huge sign that said book of mormon.
"holy shit, we are really here," i said to him astonished while looking in his eyes.
"after you," he said calmly. I followed timmy as he began to show me where our seats were. When we walked in the door i realized we were in the orchestra seats.
"timmy these seats must have been expensive. you didn't have to do this for me," i said to him
"no, i wanted to. you can't see book of mormon without the best seats in the house," he said charmingly with a wide smile. i hugged him that may have been to forward, but today was the best day of my life and that was all because of timmy.
we took our seats and i could tell timmy knew how excited i was to be there. it was almost like he could tell how happy today made me and that he didn't want to mess it up at all. the lights began to go down and i knew the musical was about to begin.