i stop

"What about Ashley and Hitch...?"

"Pinky promise you won't tell anyone. You have to act like you don't know either," he insisted as he put his hand out with his pinky pointed up.

You nodded and locked your pinky with his before he spoke again. As he was about to explain you watched his attention shift to bystanders who had been walking behind you.

"Pinky promise what?" A voice interrupted from behind you.

You turned your head around as your pinky was still looked into Connies.

Hitch.

Hitch was...definitely a character. Everybody knew she was the type who knew how to keep her mouth closed but just didn't. She was very flip-floppy between friends, if she even had any actual ones. In your books, she couldn't be trusted.

"Oh...nothing. We're throwing a surprise party for someone and disagreed about the theme but I just pinky promised I'd go with Connie's idea," you lied slyly, staring at her calmly.

"Oh. Text me the details! I wanna come!" She suggested before walking down the rest of her path in the other direction.

"Not invited," Connie remarked as she walked away.

"Tell me-"

"Forget it. It's not important anyway...I have a thing to get too," he brushed you off as you let go of his pinky and you rolled your eyes.

"I'm slowly starting to wish I never asked. This is so fucked. Why is Eren so pissed at me specifically though?" You asked with a little sigh.

"He probably blames you, to be honest," Connie shrugged as he stood in front of you.

"Me? For what?"

"Not a hundred percent sure but Jean definitely told him something about the breakup that made it seem like it was your fault," Connie informed calmly.

"I didn't even do anything and somehow I ended up still blamed," you stared blankly at the weirdness of the situation.

"Yeah...I've gotta go actually. Talk to you later," he brushed his hand against your shoulder before turning and walking the other way, leaving you on the sidewalk by yourself. 

You stood there for a moment before you got a notification, it was from the grading app when grades got updated. You felt a little nervous as you u locked your phone and went to go look at your test scores.

You walked over to the steps of another building near you and you sat down as you looked at your phone with anticipation. You were sitting, full of a nervous anticipation with your heart and head high because you wondered how well you did.

70%.

You scored a 70% on a test, this was the first time you scored lower than 85. Your chest sank and you felt as if you could actually vomit. You know to most people they'd be really happy with this but not you.

You grew up with two present parents physically but emotionally...if it wasn't 100% then to them you failed. Even when you brought home a 99% they still weren't satisfied. A 70 would take mental damage to you...by a lot.

You stared at the number, a test you studied very hard for. You assumed you did well because you didn't struggle at all during the test, it was a smooth testing but why did you fail?

You felt like an idiot, not just because you failed but also because your eyes were watering. Who cries over test scores?

Who's that pathetic and academically depending on to cry over a damn test?