away

"Oh, I mean I can stay but why would you want me to?" You asked while facing each other.

"Because hospitals are creepy and I have no one to talk to." He blurts while letting go of your sleeve.

"Gee thanks, it's not because I'm amazing company or anything," you joked while looking at him.

——

He was sitting on the side of his hospital bed in his room and you sat in the chair in front of him while he ate the fries after eating the rest of what you gave him.

"How come you didn't wait to come until after class? You out of everyone should be the most set on not leaving early," Eren asked.

"I'm not answering that because it'll get to your head. Wouldn't want it to get any bigger," you teased playfully as he smiled at you.

"How come you don't like Armin and Connie? I get why their upset with you but I don't know why you are with them-"

"Most of your friends are liars y/n. That should answer it," he replied to you calmly.

"What's that supposed to mean? Like who?"

"I said most,"

"Okay. Why don't you explain who though-"

"Not important," he interrupted while tossing the empty to-go box into the trash.

"How is it not important? I wouldn't want to be friends with liars so-"

"It's not important because there are a lot of shitty people in the world. You just happen to be friends with a lot of them," he cut off again while staring at you.

"So are you a liar then?"

"I'm not your friend so I don't have to answer that," he responded.

"Fair. But are you a liar in general?" You asked as you looked at each other.

"Nope. I always tell the truth,"

"Ah, so you are a liar," he chuckled and he laughed with you.

He stood up and walked over to grab his book bag from a chair that was across the room. He took his jacket off and you saw him start to take his shirt off, you stood up and turned around.

"Warn me next time!"

"What? It's not like I'm getting naked Ik just putting a sweatshirt on," he explained while changing.

"I don't care. How would you like it if I just started changing in front of you with no warning??"

"No complaints here. It's just a body, not like you'd be doing something out of the ordinary," he replied to you while turning around.

"You're just a weirdo-"

He tapped you on your shoulder and you turned to see him with a black tee on and a red jacket that was unzipped. You turned and he stood in front of you with a very blank calm expression.

"Back up. You're too close, you have no sense of personal space,"

"You complain too much," he stated without moving from you.

"You don't listen very well," you moved past him and stood closer to the door.

"What are we gonna do for the next 8 hours?" He asked while laying down on the bed and crossed his legs over each other with his hand behind his head.

"8 hours?!?"

"Yeah, that's how long the surgery is. I don't get discharged until tomorrow either," he informed as he started scrolling on his phone.