how could

"Y/n, how did you get back here last night? We were looking for you but then someone said you got a ride?" Mikasa asked as she poured juice into a cup.

"Oh. Armin took me home," you replied as you ate.

"No, he didn't, Armin took Connie and me back here-"

"Oh...I guess maybe Jean? That would still be odd but I swear I thought the person was Armin...that's really weird,"

"Well, I guess Armin could've taken you back here and then drove back out to stay a bit longer at Prya then take me and Connie. That's a possibility,"

"Yeah, that sounds right. I mean, who else would take me home? I talk to the same damn three people every day," you responded with a laugh as you were eating.

You watched her pour water into her water bottle, she was in gym wear and packed a bag to take with her. It was a couple of hours later since your interaction with your mom, you didn't want to think about it so you had gone back home and slept until Mikasa woke you up for dinner.

"I'll see you in a couple of hours!" She announced while walking toward the door.

You nodded and stood up to wash your plate off then put it away. As you put it away in the cabinet you heard the front door opening, you turned and saw Armin and Connie entering with stuff in their hand.

"Hey lady!" Connie greeted as he closed the door behind Armin.

"Hey, guys. What's in your hands?" You questioned while turning to face them in the kitchen.

"You'll have to wait and see,"

"Oh yeah, thanks for taking me home last night Armin!" You responded, he made an odd expression but just nodded his head slowly.

His eyebrows were furrowed but you assumed he just didn't hear you so you didn't make a fuss out of it.

Connie plopped a case of beers on the table and sat down.

"We have beer left and don't want it to go to waste. Just drink one!" He insisted as he sat at the dinner table.

"Fine. Only because I wouldn't want my money to go to waste either," you walked over with Armin and you both took a beer out from the flimsy case.

Armin took yours out of your hand once he saw you struggling to open it; you didn't want to bang it against the glass table so he helped you out.

"Thanks,"

You took a sip of the beer while Connie scrolled on his phone. You didn't notice it at first but this was the beer you drank last night. When the cold liquid hit your tongue you started to remember more than you initially did from last night.

You had this image in the back of your mind, it had been foggy since yesterday night. You saw the guy's face who took you home last night but you were so drunk you couldn't put a name to the face. The flavor of the beer, how cold it was...like it was from a cooler.

A red cooler.

"I have to go. I'll be right back," you put the beer down and grabbed your keys off the couch while rushing out the door with no other further explanation.

You were running around campus like a madman because of this blurry image in your mind that wasn't so blurry anymore. You kept looking and looking for that face you recognized all so well know, searching until you found him.

There he was, sitting next to Jean outside the gym. Yet again, in a black tank top and basketball shorts with his broad shoulders exposed and Jean looked the same but in white. You waited until you saw Jean walking away and Eren still sitting there, he took a drink from his plastic water bottle as you approached him.