regret the

"You serious?"

"Yeah...? Why would I lie about that?" He asked and the two of you stared at each other, full of the opposite thoughts.

"So Ashley is your first choice-?"

"Not "is", was...and I wouldn't call it a first choice but between her and Hitch at the time, yeah," he responded and your entire voice and outlook on him had shifted.

You didn't even know what to say, you were unsure if it was wrong for you to feel this...angry. Not once but twice now, Ashley was someone else's pick. That didn't settle well with you, it suddenly felt really odd to imagine that. Imagining how different things would be if Eren really did pick her instead of Hitch.

"Are you mad? I assumed you wanted me to be honest,"

"I'm not," you stood up as casually as you could, you turned around to head back into the bedroom through the window.

"You're leaving...you're upset,"

"I'm not. I'm just going to go get a donut," you mumbled and put your leg through the window.

"Y/n-" at that point you already fully stepped into the room and started walking toward the door.

If anybody could cheer you up or distract you, it was Connie. So that's exactly who you went looking for, you walked downstairs and headed straight for the sliding door out to the pool where Connie was sitting in his boxers on the edge of the pool.

You sat right next to him and he smiled when he saw you.

"Well, you don't look like you're having fun. What's up?" He asked and moved closer to you, there seemed to be more and more intoxicated people surrounding you all outside.

"Boy problems," you sighed and put your head onto his shoulder with your hands on your lap.

"Eren Jaeger specifically? That's a tough one, he's kind of hardheaded," 

"Yeah, he is." You agreed and nodded.

"Well, what happened?"

"Apparently, I have a thing for dating guys who like Ashley," you mumbled and moved your head off his shoulder to look at him.

"Awww, if it makes you feel better. I'd pick you over Ashley, without hesitation," 

"Sometimes you say a lot of dumb shit but that was actually sweet. Thank you,"  you laughed a little and he nodded.

"Mhm, I wouldn't be too upset with him this time though. He's with you not her, right? Meaning, he wouldn't choose her over you if that was the case," Connie reassured and it actually made a little sense.

"Yeah..." you stood up and immediately heard the sound of a loud bang.

Both you and Connie turned your heads at the sound of it, he stood up as well and the two of you walked back inside to see what was going inside.

People were even more crowded because of what they were looking at, neither you nor Connie could see anything so he started shoving people. You made it through and saw Eren slamming Jean into the wall. Bottles of alcohol had broken and fallen onto the ground.

Some people were quickly leaving through the front door, you saw the blood trickling down Jean's nose and eyebrow. Eren had his shirt bunched up between his fingers and there was a dent in the wall behind Jean's head where he was slammed.

You've seen Eren angry before but the fact that he didn't look angry at all is what worried you. His face was straight, the only one showing emotion was Jean and he just looked like he was in pain.