leave her

"What about her?"

"Oh, nothing major but I can't seem to grasp how you're so close to someone who's friends with the guy you fucked over." Jean provokes.

"Yet you're pretend worried about the same girl who you decided to fuck over ten times worse. You're literally fucking her ex-best friend and got the balls to try and tell me off? Tell me what this really about because you sure as hell don't actually care about her."

"Oh. Don't tell me...so you care about her then? Be honest with yourself." Jean provoked again, a bit harsher this time.

He hesitated. He didn't look back at you sitting on the couch. All he did was stare at Jean by the door.

"Well? Gonna stand there or-"

"I don't." Eren cut off.

"You don't what?"

"I don't wanna answer your question because it's going to cause a reaction no matter how I answer. That's what," Eren turned and walked out the door, leaving Jean to just stand there with a smug expression.

Jean followed after Eren, probably to say something else that would upset him and Mikasa stood in the doorway with a confused expression.

"What was that about...?"

"I have no idea." You stood up from the couch and went to go look down the hall with Mikasa.

You saw Eren and Jean arguing at the end of the hall, Eren looked pissed and Jean just looked over it but you couldn't understand why. Eren caught a glimpse of you and Mikasa watching them, Eren turned and slammed the door that he walked out of leading to the staircase.

"Maybe you should go say something?" Mikasa suggested with her gym bag in her hand.

"I feel like I'd make it worse-"

"You would. You always do,"  Jean muttered as he walked out the same door Eren did.

"Oh fuck off," Mikasa remarked towards him as he shut the door.

"Go y/n," Mikasa insisted with sincerity in her eyes.

You nodded slowly after looking at her in the eyes and trying to catch up with Eren who was most likely out of the building by now. You moved past Jean quickly and pushed the door open, you looked both ways to find Eren on the corner of the building by the bushes.

He was talking on the phone and you approached a bit closer but not close enough for him to notice since his back was facing you.

You heard his voice crack while talking on the phone, a crack that gave you instant goosebumps. You'd never seen him remotely sad yet that was the saddest noise you'd heard from him.

"I'm on my way now," he hung up the phone and turned around to find you looking at him with just as much concern.

"Is something wr-"

He walked past you instantly and quickly walked down the sidewalk to get to his car. He had glanced at you but didn't say anything, he was very clearly focused on whatever the phone call was about.

You stood there with more than a slight worry, you were worried that he'd avoid speaking to you again or if Jean told him something about you that would turn him away from you.

You did what you do worst and waited all day, you waited for a call, a text, or even for him to show up at your door. He never did. You spent the entire rest of your day sitting on the couch next to the plate of cookies and the controller where he was sitting.

EREN POV:

I stood behind the glass window with my phone up to my ear, looking at my mother through the glass to talk to her.