bonus chapter

NOTE: this is just a bonus chap, just something short and cute like fluff lmfao, thanks for reading! ❤️

"That's all you two are doing today?!" Mikasa asked eagerly, shocked by how simple it was.

"Yep. I'm happy with it and so is he,"

"But today is such a special day! Don't ya think your fifth anniversary together should be more special than that?"

"Cupcakes are crucial to our relationship," you answered, pressing your shoulder to the back of the phone; holding it to your ear while you slid jewelry onto your wrist in the bathroom mirror.

"Ready baby?" Eren shouted from downstairs, happily acquainted in your home you recently bought together.

"That's him, I've gotta go." You reply and hang up the phone.

"Coming!" You shout, you shut the light off and exit out from your bedroom.

You met with him downstairs where he waited for you by the door, he stood there in his normal casual clothing which you found a little weird since you were planning on going out on a date together. You didn't point it out, he'd been working a lot recently so you just assumed the time he got off work and your date scheduled too close.

He smiled at you, opened the door for you and the two of you left together swiftly. You planned to go to this restaurant with the best cupcakes, you went there together a couple of times in college and the two of you had grown very fond of cupcakes but there was one problem.

When you got there, he kept checking his phone. Constantly, you had conversations with him but he didn't seem interested at all, he kept glancing to the side like he was nervous about something or someone.

The restaurant was filled with low chatter, you ordered food but didn't say much to each other. You were so excited about today but he didn't seem interested at all.

"So how was work?" You asked; hoping he'd give you something to work with.

"Mhm...good, yeah." He answered and continued looking down at his phone.

"Cool." You raised both your eyebrows and sighed loudly.

Still. Nothing.

You'd ordered a cupcake and waited for them, the date was almost over within an hour and you were really trying not to cry.

"I'll be back. Going to the bathroom," he announced and stood up, you nodded and crossed your arms over your chest while waiting for the cupcake you slowly stopped anticipating.

Five minutes went by and he still wasn't back yet, you looked around until you finally saw him walking back to your table. He was in a completely different outfit from before, he was dressed in a classy black suit and tie, he still looked extremely nervous but sat back down in front of you and shortly after had the cupcakes placed down.

"Don't eat it yet." He said, you made a funny face but he grabbed the cupcake and put it in the small Togo box sitting on the edge of the table. He pulled out his wallet and paid for the meal.

"Let's go," he insisted and stood up.

You sighed because you assumed this meant he was cutting the date short and no longer wanted to hang out anymore for your anniversary, you were so caught up in your own doubts that you didn't realize where you were following him the entire time.

Song rec: fine line instrumental-Harry styles ( peep this is the same song I recommended when they were at this same location in earlier chapters lol)

"Uh...?" He tapped you on the head and stopped walking, you realized you were standing on cobblestone and you looked to the side and saw a vaguely familiar bridge.

"Want to make a wish?" He suggested and pointed to the water.

"Oh...sure," you responded, you saw him exhaling nervously trying to keep his composure for whatever reason.

You were honestly scared he was going to breakup with you, even after all this time he was still just as unpredictable as before. Especially with what he said next.

You both walked over to the railing of the water, reminding you of the first time you came here together and Eren told you how much he hated the rain. You smiled at the memory of that moment compared to where you were now; standing next to each other and he leaned against the rail as did you.

A long silence filled you both, just staring at the water below before he decided to say his wish out loud.

"My wish is that y/n will feel the same way about marrying her that I do." He blurted, he turned his head with a grin toward you and you held the cupcake in the To-go box tighter, he reached into his pocket to pull out a small box, and before he could even get down you already threw your arms around him with excitement.

"I do feel the same! Yes!" You gushed happily, squeezing him tighter and he chuckled and put his hand on your lower waist.

"I didn't even get to do the whole one-knee thing." He chuckled while you held onto him, smiling harder than you ever have with the ring box in his hand carefully.

You lowered yourself from him and he held out your hand, he took the ring and slid it onto your finger, fitting perfectly.

"Is this why you stole my favorite ring a couple of months ago?" You asked and stared at your hand in awe.

"Yes and I'm sorry for ignoring you, I was nervous and thought if I spoke I'd accidentally tell you that I wanted to marry you before I got the chance to do it properly,"

"It's okay! You've made up for it!" You speak fast and continue staring at the ring in complete and utter excitement, he's smiling right back at you and decided to take the cupcake and open it.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Whether that's eating cupcakes together or correcting your essays...it doesn't matter." He said just before cupping your face in his hand and pulling your lips onto his.

After, you two shared that cupcake together. Standing next to each other, side by side forever and always. Five years together and you wouldn't have it any other way, staring at the ocean together where it all began... the day that spark you two had tucked away...lit up like fireworks.

And with that, you'd spend an eternity together...however long that was.