love?

"He is. Long story short he's with all of them, the only one who knows about the other girls and is okay with it is Historia," he nudged you in the direction you were walking in before and you could hear his slides pushing against the concrete floor.

You walked with him and it wasn't anything you wanted to talk about so you moved on fairly quickly.

"I remember the first time we held hands." He blurts and stared at the buildings the two of you were passing by.

"Huh-?"

"It was the same night my mom started refusing any more treatments. I was sitting on that bench over there and you came out even though it was late and cold and sat there with me, I fell asleep on your lap. We went into Erwin's classroom and fell asleep locking hands," he pointed to the bench outside your dorm building that you were walking past.

"I remember but why are you bringing it up?"

"I think that's when I knew I liked you. More than I was letting on at least," he responded calmly and kept walking with you.

"Well I know the day I first started liking you. Therefore, I win,"

"When?"

"I'm not telling you. It's embarrassing,"

"I'll find out eventually. In the meantime, I'll tell you when I knew," he reached into his pocket and pulled out his car keys to unlock the doors just as you were approaching his car in the parking lot.

"I knew I liked you when you came to visit me in the hospital and fell asleep on my shoulder. You were asleep for hours and my shoulder was fucking killing me but I didn't want to wake you. For some reason, your head connecting with my shoulder reminded me of that feeling of tea with honey in the morning when it's nice out...soothing kinda. You're just like...so soothing even though we bicker a lot. Everything just seemed to be perfect. I liked it."

"Shut up," you quickly looked the other way when you felt your face get all hot and he started laughing at your reaction.

"Jeez, I can't even tell my own girlfriend why I like her," he chuckled to himself and put his hand on the back of your seat to reverse the car and pull out the parking lot.

"No...it's not that-"

"Well, at least I know why you like me. I'm "funny", right?" He joked and you realized he was referring to when his mom had asked what you liked about Eren and that's what you said.

"And to think my mom said I wouldn't get a girlfriend. Guess being funny is enough," he chuckled to himself and started driving.

"And you're cute sometimes, that makes up for it too,"

"Sometimesssss? I'm cute all the time-"

"Ehhh, that's arguable,"

"Everything is arguable to you," he responded and you rolled your eyes.

Your phone started ringing and without checking who was calling, you answered it.

"Hey!-"

"Where are you?! We're at your dorm and your roommate is here...we're back from our vacation and want to talk to you!" Your mother shouted happily into the phone.

"Oh...I-um, when you go get something from my car. I'll be there in a second," you assured and hung up the phone.

"What's going on?" Eren asked.

"Can you stop me back off at the campus? I'd go with you but I have to handle something last minute," you put your phone back into your pocket and your mood was quickly ruined.