FIVE: shoot him with my laser eyes

𖤣𖤥𖠿𖤣𖤥

With her feet dragging across the floor, entering the cold realm, she rolled her eyes at the sight of the devil that had summoned her here. Sat on the bench with his attention occupied by his phone, it agitated her even more with the fact he had decided not to reply to her; leaving her on delivered.

"Mark my words Sunghoon. One day, I am going to destroy you." Meiyon sat o the opposite of him whilst aggressively unzipping her duffle bag.

"Ah, your greetings are everso warm." He smirked without leaving his eyes from the screen.

"Yeah warm enough to burn you." Meiyon scoffed.

"Well, hello to you too, woman." Sunghoon finally switched his phone off to meet eyes with the girl with a scowl.

He had definitely read her messages through the notifications.

"Why can't you just address me like a normal human?" She muttered under her breath.

"Do you not like it that much?" His smirk curved even higher this time as he crossed his legs in such a sassy manner.

"Do you hear me calling you, boy?" She questioned. However, before even giving hi the opportunity to answer, she responded herself. "Exactly. No."

"Well, you'd be wrong anyway. I'm a man, not a little boy."

"Really? Because real men would play the role of pleasing the lady."

"Lady? Where?" He muffled a laugh upon his own lame joke.

Meiyon could only ignore his presence for the thought of him was enough to form a raging fire inside her mind.

"Oh my god. Where's my drink." She asked no one in particular. It was only the two of them in the rink and he was the last person she would like to converse with.

"Once again, forgetful. Do you have a habit of doing that?" He shook his head in a disapproval manner.

Choosing to ignore his snarky remarks, she pulled out a can of V and was going to use it to quench her thirst. However, before she could even manage to open the can, it was suddenly not at her reach anymore. Of course, there was no one but them meaning he had taken it from her grip.

"Give it back." She glared at him, hoping laser beams would just shoot out of her eyes.

"Drink this instead." He replaced her empty hands with an unsealed bottle of water.

Not knowing what to say, she rolled her eyes before twisting it open. The things she does to stay hydrated. It's a lifestyle.

"Are you going to give it back to me?" She looked at the man with his possession. No words were required to know what he was thinking. And so, she replied before he could even respond again. "I'm a student. Can't help it." She shrugged nonchalantly.

Upon seeing an eyebrow being lifted, she felt as though he was scolding her. Perhaps he was now in the character of her coach. Sighing before getting up to move on the ice, she tried smoothly take the can away from his grip. Not so slick though.

"This, princess, i'm confiscating." Words so casual, she had almost missed what he had called her. Just as she was about to fight back, he began walking away. "Step in the rink. It's training time."

Groaning in annoyance, she did as she was told with no complain. She had to be the bigger person and put her priorities straight. She could throw a tantrum or whatever once the real business was over.

She knew there would always be things in life that will not go her way thus, she had learnt to adapt. Adapt and adjust to show perfection in every situation. Especially on ice. It was her specialty. Her only specialty.

Sunghoon on the other hand had queued the music for after her short warm up. Expecting her to be half good, he did not have any great expectations on her. However, once the music began, it was notable that it surpassed his expecations.

Up and beyond.

If the aura of stars and sparkles were real, he was sure to have seen them radiating around her. With every movement of hers, it was nothing but perfection. Such elegant turns and precise turns, he instantly felt proud of her. As much as they despised each other, there was no doubt that she was good.

No, good was not enough to describe her.

Flawless.

25/06/23

- L