NINETEEN: perfect princess

─── ·· ───

"Raise your hand for any objections." Coach Yoon clapped her hands together before being confronted with two hands in the air. "Okay, i wasn't expecting that."

"Why us?" Meiyon asked in confusion.

"Because we're the best on the team and basically region?" Sunghoon scoffed at her obvious question.

"Okay, smartass." Meiyon glared at him.

"Okay pause." Coach Yoon observed her two pupils. "Why are you looking at each other as if murder is going to happen any second."

"I'm only returning her energy." Sunghoon shrugged before looking away.

"You were the one shooting laser beams at me first." Meiyon rolled her eyes.

"Okay enough, how do i bring back the chemistry you two had a few weeks ago." Coach Yoon muttered under her breath, however, loud enough for the both of them to hear.

"There was no chemistry!" The two of them spoke in sync which did not help them in that matter as they watched their coach raise her brows in denial.

"Well keep your objections to yourself and suck it up." The coach shrugged before beginning to walk away. "I've signed you up already. Treat this as a task for extra credit."

Meiyon could not believe her ears.

This entire winter event the university was holding never really caught her attention. Fixated with her own business, she didn't expect Coach Yoon to bring them such shocking news: a duet performance between her and Sunghoon. She wasn't worried about the performance as it was not any competition, thus the stress would not be as severe, but having to cooperate with him again made her feel like a yo-yo.

For the past week, Meiyon had finally gotten used to the lack of Sunghoon's presence. But now, she was back to square one. Perhaps she could never really escape the one and only Sunghoon.

Suddenly lowering himself, Sunghoon whispered in a deeper tone which caught Meiyon by surprise. "Looks like you're stuck with such an intolerable man now."

"Be careful. What if i sabotage you and leave you embarrassed." Meiyon collected herself again after the sudden whispering of his.

"There's no way I'd ever be embarrassed."

"Right. Forgot. You're the infamous ice prince who makes no mistakes." She rolled her eyes not expecting much from his reply besides narcissistic comments about himself. However, she was wrong.

Of course, she was.

Sunghoon was more than just an attractive insulting man.

He chuckled at her petty comment before patting her head. "The performance will be flawless as long as you're there."

"What-"

"Pleasure doing business with you again princess." He then began to walk away as he dryly chuckled. "Oh and try not to forget about the practice."

What is she going to do with Park Sunghoon?

13/12/23 ---> tomorrow is going to be death day, except the same day i will be reborn and become a new and better version of myself. 2024 isnt ready for me.