ELEVEN: sudden new boyfriend

*.·:·. .·:·.*

"Is it today your birthday?" Sunghoon asked as he waited for her to drink her water.

"Hm? No?" Meiyon was confused by the question. "You got me a present?"

"Uh no." Sunghoon turned his head to his right. "Just that both your friends escorted you here like bodyguards this entire week."

Meiyon simply shrugged before getting ready to continue practice again. She had a hunch it was their fear of bumping into her crazy ex again but it has already been a week since the incident. Surely, he was only yapping about coming back, right?

Mid-practice as Meiyon was doing her jumps, her name suddenly echoed in the rink.

"Is that your third bodyguard?" Sunghoon raised an eyebrow at the unfamiliar face.

"Actually, that's the bad guy they were protecting me from."

"And he is?"

"Crazy ex."

"Had a hunch." He chuckled in amusement. "Need me to be your third bodyguard or something?"

"No it's okay. I'll be back." Meiyon sighed before skating back on ground.

"Meiyon, thank you for giving me your tim-" crazy ex smiled like a fool as he had thought he was going to be forgiven.

"One minute."

"What?"

"30 seconds."

"Look I know what I did was wrong and i admit to it. I have no excuses as to what I did but at the same time, I have no idea why back then, I chose her over you. No matter how many girls I date, they just don't compare to you. Please, give me a second chance."

"Second chance?" Meiyon smirked, "Why should i give you a second chance when you almost sabotaged my university application? Why should I when you cursed at me, called me names, insulted me, stabbed me behind my back and got with my former friend?"

"I'm so sorry Mei. I don't know what i was thinking back then but you were so busy with your ice-skating practice and i-"

"Princess, i didn't know you understood Yappanese." Sunghoon who was watching the entire scene smirked in amusement.

"I don't." Meiyon shrugged. "Care to translate?"

"Oh of course." Sunghoon got off the ice and came face to face with her ex. "He said, he apologises for being an entire dickhead."

Just as the crazy ex had thought that Sunghoon was on his side, his next sentence shattered his expectations. "He also said that you and I look really good together and that he wishes us the best in the future."

Meiyon couldn't help but laugh because she had never seen such a sassy side to Sunghoon before. It was always nonchalant, mean, rarely happy or robotic. She didn't hate this side.

"And who are you?" Crazy ex groans in frustration.

"Who are you?" Sunghoon reversed the question back.

"Her boyfriend."

"Oh wow! That is so strange because," Sunghhon chuckled before snaking his arm around Meiyon's waist, "so am I."

"Meiyon? How could you-"

"Times up. Her attention belongs to me now." Sunghoon clapped. "Now leave." His tone suddenly changed into a deep and stern one. Even his expression was now serious which would've definitely intimidated him.

"You know what. Fuck you Meiyon. You're nothing but a-"

"One more word and we're going to have problems." Sunghoon towered over him. "Don't make any sort of contact with her ever again."

Upon such an intimidating aura, even Meiyon was beginning to feel chills in her spine.

"Understood?" Sunghoon forced a smile this time.

As reluctant and pride damaging as this was for the crazy ex, he was now at a loss. "Ugh." He replied in defeat before dragging his feet to the exit.

The silence was now loud as Meiyon didn't know what to say next. She knew she had to thank him, but how was she going to bring it up?

"Told you you were going to need a third bodyguard." Sunghoon turned to face Meiyon with his arms crossed. She could tell he was clearly disappointed in her taste in men. And in actual fact, so was she.

"Bodyguard or boyfriend?" She joked.

"Right, I'm not like other girls." He shrugged referring to him wanting to be an outlier from her friends. "Couldn't you have dated anyone better?"

"Honest mistake."

"Not so flawless when you're not on ice, hm?"

"Huh?" Meiyon who was not quick to catch on looked at him in confusion only to be met with a slanted smile revealing the faint dimple.

'Boyfriend act is over. Coach is back." He got on the ice as Meiyon trailed behind.

"When's the next time boyfriend Sunghoon is going to come back?" She giggled at the entire situation.

"Free trial is over. Pay for premium Sunghoon." He shook his head at her childish side. "Tell me if he comes back."

"Will it be husband act the next time he comes back?" She laughed even louder this time. "Thank you though, truly."

"You're good." He muffles a laugh before continuing coaching again.

Though they weren't exactly friend friends, it was safe to say they were on the same team.

26/11/23 --> so many come back to me but the only one i want to come back, doesnt.