TWENTY-NINE: unexpectedly expected

─── ·· ───

There was no better place then to celebrate such a perfect performance than at Heeseung's cafe. As everyone was beginning to wind down after such a successful performance, various conversations were beginning to form in smaller groups. Meiyon had a great time catching up with her friends and even meeting new people. Knowing the owner of the cafe truly have its benefit as the entire store was solely reserved for them.

Since it was getting late, people were beginning to bid their farewell.

However, right before she had sent her friends away, she watched a small figure march up to her.

Meiyon who watched her younger cousin walk up to her with a mischievous smile knew she was up to no good. "What is it?" Meiyon asked her before her cousin could even utter a world.

"Congratulations on such a beautiful performance my drop dead, glamorous, pretty, alluring, gorgeous cousin." Aira half-heartedly chuckled at her own joke.

"Thanks." Meiyon could only roll her eyes at the younger girl with a smile.

"So you never told me about your new boyfriend?" Aira spoke with no sense of caution of her surroundings.

"He's," Meiyon quickly pulled her cousin close to ear level. "Not my boyfriend."

"Yet?"

"Not he's just...a friend." Meiyon looked cautiously in all sort of directions incase the subject was around.

"What sort of friends kiss each other so sensually."

"WHAT?" Meiyon who was obviously shocked by her, whom she thought, innocent cousin's choice of words. "Did Riki change you or something??"

"Huh? Are you aging backwards? You used to speak like this too." Aira shrugged so nonchalantly.

"It was probably part of the performance." Meiyon went back to answering the question before her eyes landed on the most stunning male in the room.

He was hard to miss.

"So it was unplanned?" Aira's eyes widened before grinning as if she had just won the lottery. Just as she was about to make another commentary, she had noticed that Meiyon's attention had been taken away which made her smile even more. "Girl you need to confess."

As if that was a trigger word, Meiyon had snapped back to reality. Her face had suddenly drained of colours which scared Aira for a hot minute.

"I did."

"What?"

"I said I did."

"No I heard that." Aira's eyebrows furrowed in perplexion. "What do you mean you did? What happened next?"

"He didn't answer me."

"What?"

"I said he-"

"Meiyon, stop repeating yourself like a robot. I mean, why didn't he answer you? Did you confess to him in your head or something?" Though it was supposed to sound insulting, it did sound humorous at the same time.

"No i actually used my voice box and vocalised my confession." She sighed, still trying to match the highschooler's energy.

"Okay so why didn't he reply? Was he asleep?"

"No, i sort of..." Meiyon's attention averted to his again. However, this time, before she had looked at him, he was already staring at her.

He smiled.

She looked away.

"Ran away."

There was a moment of silent until Aira's jaws dropped wide open with the most disbeliefing expression.

"I-" but before Aira could even say anything, there was an unexpected yet slightly anticipated interruption.

17/03 -> its been a while. Took a small break because you know hahaha