SEVEN: we are gym bros

𖤣𖤥𖠿𖤣𖤥

Today was yet another day for her never-ending training. As the ice rink was temporarily closed for an important match with the ice-hockey game, it led to the two of them practising elsewhere. However, it wasn't too much of a bad idea as they were now training on the ground; hitting the gym.

In order to perfect her axels on ice, it was crucial to practice her jumps on the ground. That way, her strength, balance and stamina could be controlled, especially when on a slippery surface.

With every jump and twist, she was doing with her body, she was starting to become tired and thus called for a break. Wondering what her coach was up to, she looked in his direction to see him working out. Bench pressing to be exact.

Her eyes widen when she realised the weight he had put in. As much as she didn't want to admit to her reckless thought, she was highly impressed by his undeniable strength. Her eyes wandered from the weights to his arms, before it handed to his biceps. Perhaps him in a black compressed T-shirt and grey sweatpants was the best decision ever.

"Are you alright there?" He sat up to see the girl sitting down on the ground. She couldn't tell whether the turns were making her brain spin as well for she had sworn to have heard a hint of concern in his voice.

"Oh yeah. Of course, i'm just resting." Meiyon snapped back to reality as she had allowed her mind to wonder too far off.

"How are your axels going?" He asked before drinking from his bottle.

Was it bad that she was suddenly feeling thirsty too?

"It's going fine." Get a grip of yourself Meiyon. This is only the gym air. It makes everyone think of crazy things.

Silence struck like an uninvited guest as the two only stared at each other in awkwardness. Sunghoon debated whether he should command her to stand back up and continue practicing or just let her take a break. Just as he had made up his mind to reward her for her hard work (a break), Meiyon's voice echoed in the empty gym.

"So...do you have any competitions coming up?" Meiyon lost the battle of her curiosity. Despite him being her 'coach' and 'teammate', she really didn't know much about him.

"I do." Sunghoon replied. "It's the same one as yours."

"Huh??" Meiyon's reaction may have been too excessive but it didn't change the fact she was surprised. "So why aren't you practicing?"

Meiyon had never seen him on ice and practice. The most he had done was skate in circles with his hands in his pockets as he monitored her performance.

"And exceed my perfections?" He hinted out a sly smile, slightly revealing his dimple on his cheek.

"Someone needs to humble you down." Meiyon rolled her eyes before the miracle happened. A laugh. For the very first time, since she had met him, his facial expression was not grumpy, cold,  nor judgemental. It was pure and lively. The way his dimples were now defined as he mouth curved up in a joyous manner.

It was a quite the sight. She couldn't debate which one she liked more. His biceps or his smile.

"And will you be the one to do that?" His laughter toned down before he ended with a smirk.

Taken back by his response, not so snarky nor boring, her mind froze as she was not expecting such reply.

As he watched her in a surprised state, he only chuckled before speaking again. "Kidding. Now go practice a few more before our time runs out." He referred to the booking for the gym.

Silently standing up, her eyes never left his teasing face. As childish as it was, Meiyon couldn't help but to stick her tongue out at him before walking back to her area.

"Suck it up, Princess." He laughed before minding his own business.

Oh how intolerable Sunghoon is.