THIRTY: favourite confession

"Hey." The voice she had been both avoiding and longing to hear finally made its first appearance ever since they entered the cafe. "Sorry, am i interrupting anything?"

"Oh no!" Aira who was interrupted switched up like an incredible actress. "I was just about to leave. Have you seen Riki?"

"He's...on your left." Sunghoon pointed directly at the male who was busy chatting with Heeseung.

"Oh. Thanks." Aira chuckled in embarrassment before making her way towards him. "Good night to the both of you, thank you for the invite once again. You guys were mesmerising."

As the two of them watch the minor head to the other direction, they were now left alone.

"Is it time to talk?" Meiyon tried to ease the obvious tension. However, maybe she was the only nervous between the two for she could not hold any eye contact with him.

"Do you want to?" Sunghoon, who was always insulting was nonetheless always a gentleman.

"Hm." Meiyon only took a deep breath before looking at the cafe that was beginning to empty.

"I'll drive you home." Sunghoon gently patted her shoulder in reassurance before taking the lead. She noticed that he did not look back at her within the distance of the exit door.

Maybe he knew that she was going to trail along.

Maybe he was taking advantage of the fact that she liked him enough to listen to him.

Sunghoon effect.

The drive was silent and all that was heard was the sound of white noise. Although she was the one who had indirectly told him that she did not want to talk, a huge part of her had wished he still did. The usual Sunghoon would not take that into account and continue talking as he pleased.

Why did he have to listen to her out of all times.

As her mind was in deep thoughts, wondering whether accepting the ride home was the correct thing to do, she was suddenly brought back to reality upon his husky voice.

She didn't realise how much she liked his voice until she longed to hear it.

"Meiyon" He spoke with his attention still on the road. It was weird to hear her name come out of his mouth. "Are you in a rush to go home?"

"Hm?" Meiyon reacted subconsciously. "Oh do you have an errand to run?"

However, no reply was to heard. She knew he had heard him but she didn't understand why he was ignoring her.

How complicated.

"I'm not in a rush." She whispered just loud enough for him to hear.

Silence again.

She was starting to wonder whether the Sunghoon she knew was actually a serial killer and driving her to a dark alley to commit murder. The road he was taking was quite unfamiliar and the lack of street lights did not help at all.

Despite wanting to ask so bad, she stopped herself from asking where they were going.

Finally, the engine had stopped and the car was stationary.

Not knowing what to say, she stayed still like a stuff toy. She would trade to be a plushie right now if it meant not being in such awkward moment.

Sunghoon who had cleared his throat had unbuckled his seatbelt. "This is one of my favourite place to be."

Being so caught up in her train of thoughts, she did not even realise how breath-taking the view in front to of her was. They seemed to be on the higher end of the city where the view was visible from their location. Every city lights reflected on the river like little stars on the water.