FOURTEEN: boom, boom, and darkness

─── ·· ───

"Hellooo?" A voice they had not heard in so long made the two of them immediately turn to find the owner of the voice.

"COACH!" Meiyon smiled so wide it was almost close to ripping open.

As they all did their little welcoming back hugs, Coach Yoon was filled in with the details and news during her absence. With only one more day until the real competition, they were now at the location for a practice run.

They were now in the changing room as Meiyon and her coach watched on the screen. Sunghoon was up for practice and what did they expect? He was like a swan on a lake; elegant and very much perfect.

"Mei, you look a little pale." Coach commented. "You sure you're okay?"

"Oh yeah, i just didn't get much sleep last night." She laughed it off.

It was now her turn on the ice stage.

It was strange.

Suddenly, everything was like a blur.

"This is only a rehearsal." Sunghoon walked passed her upon seeing the stressed girl. "Don't give it your best."

"What a weird thing to say as a coach." She tried to joke despite being anxious.

"Not as a coach, but as your teammate and your friend." He was serious this time.

"Okay." She agreed.

Meiyon wasn't going to slack off.

Whether it is on or off the ice, she will always try to be the best she can be.

Even if it meant ruining herself.

"Stay calm, stay flawless." She muttered under her breath before the music began.

Putting the brightest smile on her face, she began her routine. Everything was going perfectly so far, much like her practices.

However, just as her mind was at ease, she was confronted with the unexpected.

As she leapt to do an axel, her leg had unfortunately caught the ice and before she knew it, she was met with the ice.

He wasn't there to save her this time and soon, the blurred vision became darkness.

"MEIYON? CAN YOU HEAR ME? " was the last thing she heard. "CALL THE AMBULANCE!"

Although he wasn't there to save her this time, he was still there now.

30/11/23 --> gonna hit the gym now