THIRTEEN: what a klutz

─── ·· ───

Time doesn't only fly when people have fun. It also flies during countdowns for grand events such as exams, confrontations, holidays left, and ... competition days.

The long-awaited competition was only a few days away and Meiyon did not have a good feeling. In fact, she was not feeling well at all. Lightheaded and nauseous, she knew she should've spoken up about it but because of her stubborn trait, being vulnerable was the last thing she was going to sign up for.

"Hey!" Sunghoon's voice caught her by surprise. It took her a while to realise he was holding onto both her arms as if he was helping her find her balance again. "What's going on?"

"Huh? No nothing." Meiyon responded.

Sunghoon knew that 'nothing' was in fact something. They both know that the usual Meiyon would've used all her power to defend herself upon being accused of not being okay.

It was quite concerning for him, as a coach of course.

"Enough, practice is over." Sunghoon began skating out of the ice.

"What!" Meiyon's eyes widen. "No, it isn't. The competition is in a few days!"

"Exactly." He turned back. "You're overworking yourself."

"No, I am not. Let's continue." Her voice hinted at her desperation. "You're supposed to act like my coach."

"And that is exactly what I'm doing." He snapped his fingers. "Time is not going to wait for us. Get changed."

Meiyon could only groan in agitation. However, despite wanting to practice more, deep inside hidden away from the light, she secretly wanted the practice to be over too. Maybe, only just maybe, Sunghoon saw through the thick layer of walls via the cracks that hid away her internal desires.

Not expecting Sunghoon to still be here, she was surprised to see him waiting by the exit door.

"You're still here." She said out loud. It wasn't a question but rather a statement.

However, Sunghoon only stared at her. Eyes with no sort of emotions, even Meiyon who is usually composed, is starting to feel nervous.

Before she could even process the moment, Sunghoon's delicate hand had cupped one side of her face before caressing it with his thumb. Perhaps neither parties knew what was going on because after a few more seconds, he had quickly retrived his hand back.

"Sorry." He apologised as he looked away.

As speechless as anyone could be, Meiyon was no different. "Ah, did i have something on my face?"

"Eyebags. It's getting darker every day." He began walking away as she trailed behind.

Meiyon didn't know whether to take it personally or generally until he spoke again.

"You need to take care of yourself." He spoke as he held the door for her.

"I try to." She could only sigh. With all the exams and training going on, she barely had time to sleep, let alone take care of herself.

---

"So you sure you're not kidnapping me or something." Meiyon eyed him suspiciously. She was told nothing besides having to follow him.

"Did your friends not tell you? Or are you that forgetful." He shook his head in disappointment.

Before she could even reply, she heard her name from across the distance.

"Mei!" Eva ran towards her friend in great excitement.

Now she remembered. Today was the university's winter festival day.

She noticed an unfamiliar yet slightly familiar face and out of politeness, she waved.

Luckily, the girl also waved back and upon name exchange, her name was Sooah.

"I love the way you skate!" Sooah complimented Meiyon which brought her much flattery.

Where there are big crowds, it's hard to all stick together.

Why out of everyone, she found herself stuck with the one and only Park Sunghoon.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked.

"Huh? I'm not that hungry. Are you?" Meiyon responded but almost tripped due to her lack of attentiveness to her surrounding.

"You clearly need to eat." His quick reflex never fails to impress her as he grabs onto her arm to prevent her from meeting the grounds. "Just how clumsy do you need to get for you to trip over air?"

"Shut up." She rolled her eyes before standing straight again.

"You can't do well if you dont look after yourself." Sunghoon spoke referring to the competition.

"I know." Meiyon sighed. "I can't help it. I keep telling myself that i need to practice, i need to practice, and it stresses me out even more."

"If i were you, id be the last person to stress about this competition." He shrugged.

Confused by his sudden compliment, she only laughed.

"You may be a complete klutz on the ground." He smirked, "tripping over nothing."

Just as Meiyon was about to go off at him for insulting her, she was left speechless once again.

"But you're perfect on ice; flawless." He said with a smile.

A sincere one.

30/11/23 —-> w rizz