Chapter 3

You ran your hands delicately through his silver hair, his cheeks burning at your touch. You were in his room, on his bed.... You smiled at him, as you warily placed your lips on his. With each touch he gave you, a shot of electricity ran through your body. He suddenly grabbed your hand and rolled you over on the bed, so that he was on top. He sat on your waist, and leaned over you. Forcefully, yet passionately, he placed his lips on yours.

"Z-Zero...." you mumbled, as his eyes flashed to a hypnotizing red. He hesitantly lowered his head to your neck, and pierced his fangs through your skin. You let out a light gasp, as he slowly drained the blood from your body. You wrapped your arms around his neck, panting from the loss of blood....

-End of Dream-

You woke up, lying in your school bed. You could feel your face burning to the point where it turned red. You reached up to your neck, to check for bite marks, and felt a wave of relief when you felt nothing. Though, for some of reason, you felt slight disappointment run through your weak, and tired body. You touched your lips with your index finger, letting out a long, wishful sigh.

"I had hoped that....it wouldn't be a dream..." You mumbled to yourself. You're eyes slightly widened at your own words. You couldn't.... You wouldn't.... Would you?.... You sat up and ran to the bathroom. You rushed to the mirror and looked at yourself. You, a pureblood, have fallen in love, with someone who would soon fall to become a level E. Not only that, but you had only met him yesterday! You starred at yourself in utter shock. After a while, you wearily walked back to your bed, feeling shocked at your own thoughts, and emotions. You looked out the window and noticed that the sun was about to set.

"Great...." You mumbled. You stood back up, and walked to your dresser. A sudden knock came from your door. You walked over to it, and opened it, only to find Kaname standing there. He smiled down at you, and on impulse, you smiled back.

"Hello, (Y/N), did you sleep well?" You gave him a nod, the thought of Zero still roaming your dazed mind.

"Yes, Kaname. Would you do me a favor and tell the teacher I'm sick? I really don't feel very well." You sighed softly, rubbing the top of your head, acting as though you felt ill. He chuckled, and nodded. You nodded back at him, and watched him walk back down the hallway. Closing the door, you smiled. The dream, that had made you dazed, and feeling "fuzzy", peaked your curiosity. You walked back over to your dresser and opened the shirt drawer. You took out a red sweater, and black jeans from your pants drawer. Grabbing a little bag, full of holy water, tablets the headmaster had left in your room, and some first aid objects, just in case of an emergency, you jumped out the window and ran, in hopes that you would find the one you were looking for. Zero. Wow, even just thinking of his name gave you goosebumps.

"Alright! Stand back!" You heard Yuki's voice near the gates. You ran over to the walls, and climbed over it. As soon as you landed, Yuki turned around to look at you.

"(Y/N)! Could you give me a hand?" You looked over at her, and nodded. You stood in front of them, unsure of what you were about to do.

"Um-... Go-... Go back to your dorms...?" They all stopped, and glared at you.

"What makes you think we would listen to you?!? Just because you're part of the night class too??" One of the girls within the crowd spoke up. A little shocked, you stepped back. The rest of the girls joined in, yelling at you.

"I-uh... No... But... Sorry... Please head back to your dorm rooms..." You shyly pulled your sleeves over your hands, letting an embarrassed smile curve on your lips. They all glared at you again.

"Head to your dorm rooms... NOW!" a male voice came from behind you, making even you jump in fright. All the girls scattered, leaving you, Yuki, and him alone. You swung around and saw the one you came out here for. You felt your heart race, and your cheeks began to burn at the memory of the dream you had the night before. You looked up at him; staring at him, though he didn't seem to notice. The gates opened, and the night class students began to walk out. You jerked your self around so that they couldn't see your face, or who you were.

"K-Kaname!" Yuki's cheery voice seemed to explode in a fit of happiness. You looked over at her, and noticed that Kaname was holding her cheek in his large hand. You looked over at Zero, who was glaring a him. It seemed like he wanted to pry the two of them apart...
No... He liked Yuki? Though it didn't seem like she liked Zero like that....
Your heart, at that very moment, seemed to shatter. Not because Zero liked someone else, but, the fact that she didn't seem to return his feelings....

The way she looked at Zero, is a way you look at someone in your family. The way she looked at Kaname was so different... She loved Kaname. You felt tears welling up in your eyes. Ignoring the need to drop to your knees, you turned to walk into the trees. You sensed someone following you, but hoped that they'd leave you to pace on your own.

You kept walking, but the presence was still there. Once deep enough in the woods, you spun around, to see Zero, with his gun at hand. Why... You wanted him to be happy with her... You wanted to see him smile more...

Your bottom lip trembled as you collapsed to your knees. You clasped your hands over your face, hiding your tears, and holding your shoulders steady. You let your body quiver, the air began to grow cold. No...

"Why, would she put you through that...?" Your voice quivered as you spoke. You pressed down on your eyes hard, and sniffed softly.

"You don't deserve to be put through that.... She may not notice your feelings... But-..." A choked sob cut you off. You bit your lip, wanting so badly to stop crying.

"I'm a monster, I deserve whatever pain I'm put through."

 A gasped sob.

"You're no monster..." You looked up at him, your eyes still moist "You're  a....." you stopped yourself from finishing your sentence.

"I'm, a MONSTER." The wind around you pinned him to the tree behind him.
NO

"She-..." Your chest heaved, trying so badly to calm yourself. Your shoulders relaxed, as you began to take deep breaths. You pressed the heals of your palms to your eyes, attempting to dry them.

"A pureblood crying... Now that's something I thought I'd never see..." He looked up and sighed. He growled, and flicked your forehead.

"Why would you care anyways?" He sighed, his whole body seemed to relax, as though seeing you cry lowered his guard. He leaned against the  large tree behind him, and rested his cold eyes upon your slightly quivering figure.

"I... I care for you... I'm not sure whether I like you, or if it's just how you act... But something about you makes me care for you...." He looked at you, a little shocked at your words.

"You're stupid..." Your eyes widened. Gulping, you wiped your moist palms on your thighs, and stood up to face him. Out of confused anger, you punched his gut.

"You're so mean! I just told you how I feel, and yet you call me stupid...??" Your voice cracked, as you realized you were raising your voice. He was hunched over, a hand laid over his stomach.

"You're adorable..." He looked up and gave a pained smile. I hurt him...

"..." You gave him a glare, though it didn't seem to be as menacing as you'd hoped it was.