Wow

"Kol?" I asked with a rasp in my voice. I started coughing. A young boy, maybe 14 ran back to us and handed Kol the water. He gently held the bowl to my lips and urged me to drink. I drank a little and my throat felt better.

"How do you know my name?" He asked, I noticed his hair was long and he was wearing clothing I had only seen in history books. Oh no. Bonnie's spell went very wrong. I had traveled to the past somehow. I knew I had to be careful not to change any major events, because it could change the future. I then remembered where I heard the name Henrik. He was the younger brother killed by wolves that made their mother turn them all. Which meant that if he was still here, they were still human.

I hadnt noticed until now that I didn't feel the bloodlust, or the heightened emotions or anything. I was back to being human as well. I looked back up at Kol who was still waiting for me to answer.

"I thought I heard someone say that name earlier. I just assumed..." I said, knowing that I would have to probably befriend the original family if I were to survive in this time, considering I didn't know how long I was staying.

"Yes, Kol is my name, may I ask yours? I know you are not Tatia, but you look almost exactly like her." He said. Crap. I forgot about Tatia being here.

"My name is Elena. My family has told me that this Tatia is a distant relative of mine and the resemblance is uncanny." I said, trying to think on the spot. It wasn't a lie, she was a distant relative.

"A pleasure to meet you, Elena. May I ask what you were doing so far away from any town, the day after the full moon, with no clothing? You must be freezing." Oops. I had forgotten I was naked under the fur pelt. I didn't notice the temperature until he said something, I was okay under the pelt, but he must have been freezing. He was only wearing a thin wool shirt and pants. It must have been his pelt he had lain over me. I had to make my story believable.

"I don't know. The last thing I remember is the wolves, they attacked my family. I ran as fast as I could, but my dress was ripped to shreds. It must have fallen off before I passed out." I said with tears in my eyes, trying to make my story believable. He sat me up in his lap and curled me into his chest, rubbing the back of my hair.

"Shh it's okay. You are safe now, I give you my word." He said as he rubbed small circles on my bare back. It had truly made me feel better. I was scared. I was in a strange time and place, not knowing when or if I was getting back to the future. I was astonished at how caring and nice he was.

"I can't go back, there is nothing left." I said into his neck. He held me close rocking back and forth to comfort me.

He slowly got up with me in his arms, carrying me bridal style with the pelt still laying over me. He was so strong, for a human that is.

"You can stay with me for a while, until we can get you settled." He said as he carried me through the woods. His body was warm against me and I couldn't help but get closer to him, snuggling into his chest. He smelled like cedar chips and fresh cut grass. It was nice. Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep in his arms again as he carried me.

"Elena, darling, wake up. We have arrived and I have a new dress for you to wear." I heard Kol say as I woke up slowly. "Here, my sister Rebekah said you could have it. She is very concerned about you, but I have told her to wait outside until you are ready." Rebekah, concerned? Maybe a thousand years did change a lot of things about them.

"Thank you, for everything. I don't know what I would have done by myself." I said truthfully. He had turned around so that I could put the dress on.

"There is no need to thank." He said modestly. I got the dress on but I couldn't tie the back.

"Can you help me with the laces, I can't seem to reach?" I asked, walking closer to him.