Ah

"Kol, brother, are you going to intruduce us to the new lady in town?" I heard the unmistakable voice of Klaus yell from behind me, Kol looked over my shoulder at them then looked back down at me. I looked up at him, who was looking at me with pleading eyes.

"I don't want their attention, Kol. I am not like Tatia." I reassured him he smiled a little then looked back at them.

"I hadn't intended to, but seeing as you are both here, why not?" Kol said sarcastically towards his brothers who were walking up behind me quickly. I slid my hand in his, hoping to keep them from thinking I was available. He nodded towards me, and I turned around slowly, backing into Kol's chest. Klaus and Elijah stopped dead in their tracks when they saw my face, and looked at eachother then at Kol.

"Brothers, this is Elena, a distant relative of your dear Tatia." He wrapped his arm around my waist protectively as Klaus came closer, putting his hand on my face.

"Remarkable. The resemblance is uncanny. My name is Niklaus. It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Elena." Klaus said as he kneeled in front of me, taking my hand and placing a kiss on my knuckles. I tensed at the gesture, remembering everything he did to my family.

"Good evening, Niklaus." I said as politely as I could. He moved to the side and Elijah walked up and kissed my hand as well.

"And I am Elijah, may I inquire as to what brought such a beautiful woman to our small village?" It astounded me, they were fighting over another woman yet trying to woo me at the same time, just because I had the same face. Just as Kol and Rebekah said they would.

"My family was attacked by the wolves, I ran until I passed out. Kol saved my life, and is taking care of me." I told them, their eyes going wide.

"Then we should be glad our little brother got to you in time. If you are in any need of assistance, you are welcome in mine or my brother Niklaus's home." Elijah said, smiling.

"I have all the assistance I need, but thank you." I said, motioning to Kol. They nodded and Kol (still with his arm around my waiste) turned me to begin walking away. I could see the jealousy on their faces as we walked away.

"I knew they would act like this. They will not stop trying to get your attention now. Come, I will take you to the falls." He said as he led me down a pathway into the forest. A few minutes later, we arrived at the same falls I remembered from the future. They were the same, but different somehow. They were not littered with drunk and high students or loud music. No picnic tables or railings. It was just natural, and it was beautiful.

"I come here sometimes to think. The sound of the water helps me relax, especially if I have just dealt with father." He said, leaning against a tree.

"It is very relaxing. I had a place similar to this near my home as well. It's beautiful. Tell me more about yourself, if you would like to, that is." I asked. I did want to know more about this man, someone who had come to be so misunderstood a thousand years in the future.

"I don't really know how much there is for me to tell, but I can show you something." He said, walking out in between the trees. He lifted his arms and a tornado like formation of leaves started swirling around us. Clouds started forming above us from the previous clear blue sky, and thunder began to roar through the forest. As he began to bring his arms down, the clouds and thunder disappeared and the leaves dropped to the ground. Bonnie had done the same thing before. He was a witch. A strong one.

"You are a witch?" I asked excitedly. I certainly hadn't expected that. It must have been what caused him to turn off his emotions as a vampire, he had the most to lose. When Bonnie's mom turned, she was highly depressed because her connection to nature was gone completely.

"Yes, as my mother is. However, my mother tends to drabble into expression, while I choose not to come close to it." He said coming over and taking my hands.

FUTURE-Kol-POV

Why was my head filling with memories of the doppleganger from when I was human? She was so kind, and I had saved her life. I needed answers. I got in my car and decided to have a little chat with the one person I knew would have had something to do with it. Bonnie.

I got out of my car at Bonnie's house, and I could hear her and Caroline bickering back and forth about something. A spell gone wrong?

"Bonnie." I said as the front door opened. Her eyes went wide.

"Kol? What are you doing here?" She asked nervously. I grinned.

"I think I may have some answers you are looking for in regards to Elena. May I come in?" I asked, knowing it was a long shot.

"We can talk here. Where is she? Did you take her?" Bonnie asked frantically.

"I believe whatever spell you were trying went wrong somehow. This morning I woke up to my head being filled with new memories from a thousand years ago when I was still human. They involved a lovely 5'7" brunette passed out in the middle of a field. Her name was Elena. Now, what kind of spell were you trying?" I asked as nicely as I could. Her face plastered with shock as I told her what happened.

"Um, we were trying to do a locator spell on Elijah, but we didn't have anything of his. So I thought I could use Elena, since technically her blood runs through your veins as well. She is connected to you. I started the spell and then Elena just disappeared." She said, now very worried about what she had done.

"Do not fret, young witch, she is safe. By using her blood, you have sent her back in time to before the ritual took place. I would expect Rebekah, Elijah, and Nik to drop by pretty soon as well. I may be able to help you to bring her back, but since you will not invite me in, I guess she will stay there. I did quite enjoy her company. Oh and she is human." I said, smirking. She rolled her eyes.

"Fine, you may come in, but no one else is invited in my house." Bonnie said, motioning for me to come in, much to the surprise of Caroline.