Ø

"What is this?" She asked after I flashed over to her side to open her door.

"I bought it." I told her, motioning to the entire property.

"You bought a house?" She asked with wonderment on her face. I opened the door to the inside and motioned for her to go in.

"Yep. We are married. I understand if you still want to live in your old house with your brother, but I wanted you to have this option, to live with me, like we were." I told her, showing her around the house. It was a quite large house, bigger than hers, but not nearly as big as Nik's.

"I love it. Of course I will live with you. Matt has been living with Jeremy anyways. I was living with Damon and Stefan before I- wait, what did you do to them? I know they would have been there the instant I was back." Oops, I guess I knew I would have to fess up sooner or later.

"They were getting very annoying and wouldn't stop chastising Bonnie for sending you back in the first place, so I might have compelled them to take a vaction and forget about you until I said otherwise?" I smiled cheekily at her, hoping I wasn't in too much trouble.

"You compelled them to forget me?" She asked, kind of mad.

"Only until I say otherwise, I can take away the compulsion as soon as you want me to." I said, tryin to save myself a little.

"I'm not happy that you compelled them, but I am a bit relieved they aren't here right now. I'm afraid they would try to kill you, after all, you did marry the girl they were both in love with." She said, truthfully.

"Alright, now that you have seen our home, would you like to get to the Grill so that we can come back here and go to sleep?" I asked, after showing her the 5 bedrooms, 3 full size bathrooms, and large finished basement.

"Yes, the sooner we go, the sooner I can get to sleep, and I need a drink." She said as she sleepily walked back to the car. We drove to the Grill and walked inside to find a large table where Bonnie, Caroline, Nik, Elijah, Rebekah, Jeremy, and Matt were sitting. I never thought I would see all of those people sitting at the same table. Ever. It seems Caroline took my advice and was starting to give Nik a chance.

"Elena!" Caroline said, getting up and running over to hug her.

"Ouch, Caroline, you forget i'm human again." she laughed.

"Oh, it's so good to have you back! We all missed you so much!" Caroline said, pulling Elena over to the table. She latched her free hand in mine, which pulled me as well.

"Elena, I am so sorry, if I had known it was going to do that, I would have never done the spell." Bonnie said, although Elena cut her off with a hug.

"Bonnie, you sending me back in time changed my life. I would have never been this happy or married if you hadn't, so thank you." Elena said, motioning to me as she said it. I smiled.

"Wait, you're married?" Jeremy asked suddenly.

"Kol, you didn't tell him?" She asked me. Well, I was in trouble again. I shook my head.

"Sorry Jeremy, I guess Kol forgot to mention that yes, we got married while I was in the past. And before you say anything, he really is a good person, and I trust him with my life. I love him." She told her brother. I felt my heart swell with pride as she announced it to the whole table.

"Well then, welcome to the family." Jeremy said to me, holding out his hand to shake. Matt was a little more apprehensive to shake my hand, considering last time I had broken it. Which I felt horrible about.

"Elena, may I be the first to apologize for my behavior while you were in the past, it seems my brother and I were a bit, misled in that time." Elijah said to Elena. I had given him and Nik a good talk about staying away from her, especially Nik.

"Thank you, Elijah." Elena said nicely to him. I had to admit, a pang of jealousy didn't go unnoticed as she smiled at my brother.

"I, too, am extending my most sincere apologies for all I have done to you and your family, in the past and the present." Nik said towards Elena, who looked very surprised.

"Thank you, Klaus. I don't know if I can forgive you just yet, but I will try." Elena said to him. That was a much braver thing then I would have said to him. "Rebekah, did Kol give you my message?" I looked over at Rebekah and glared. I was still very angry with her.

"Yes, and I am more than grateful of it. However, it seems your husband is not speaking to me." Rebekah told her. I glared more.

"Kol, why are you mad at Rebekah?" She asked me.

"She killed you, Elena, without knowing you had vampire blood in your system. I can't just forgive her for killing my wife. Nor the same with Nik. If you can forgive them, then I will learn to eventually, but not right now. I only just found out the other day." I scowled.

"Alright, well lets not be angry right now. How about some drinks, I know I could use one." She said as she motioned for a waiter to come over. She ordered a rum and coke, I ordered just rum, and the others ordered bourban. I could tell the waiter was compelled to think we were all of age.

About half an hour later, our drinks were gone and I could tell Elena was getting very tired, so I decided to go ahead and take her home.

"Alright everyone, I need to get Elena home. The time-traveling has worn her out, and the alcohol didn't help that at all, so if you will excuse us, we will be going. Good night." I said to all of them as I helped Elena out to the car. She was asleep before we even got home. I carried her out of the car and up to our room, placing her gently on the bed and laying next to her.