T

Disclaimer- I own nothing. :(

"Good, I was going to suggest calling her. We don't know anything about the baby." Bonnie said, sitting on the couch next to Elena.

About five minutes later the doorbell rang. I flashed over to open the door, knowing it was the doctor.

"Doctor Fell, welcome." I said as nicely as possible.

"You must be Kol, nice to meet you. Sorry it took so long, I had to get the equiptment you asked for. Now can I know what we needed an ultrasound machine for?" The doctor said, coming inside with a laptop and a bag.

"This needs to be with upmost discretion. Elena was sent back in time by Bonnie, to a thousand years ago when I was human. The spell made Elena human in the past as well. We were married the day before she came back. She is pregnant." I said, trying to make it as least confusing as possible.

"So let me get this straight. Elena got pregnant a thousand years in the past, by you?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

"That would be correct. However, the reason we needed you is because I gave Elena my blood this morning and it seems to have caused the baby some sort of growth spurt. We need to confirm that." I said seriously.

"Okay then, I will never cease to be surprised by you supernatural beings. I guess we will begin." She said, walking over to Elena. "Okay, Elena I need you to lay down on the couch and pull your shirt up." Elena did as the doctor said, and I kneeled down next to her, holding her hand.

"Okay, now when do you think you concieved?" The doctor asked. I smiled remembering the night.

"Three days before she returned. So about a month ago, exactly." I said, Bonnie looked at me with her eyes wide. I smirked and watched the doctor squirt the blue gel on her stomach and start to move some sort of wand around. I had never seen one of these before, but heard Rebekah talking about it.

"You said you thought your blood had some effect on the growth? Well, if your date is correct, then your right. The baby is at about 12 weeks gestation. But to know for sure, you need to try it again." The doctor said. I watched the image on the screen. I could see it immediately. I looked over at Elena who had tears in her eyes. If that was the only way to know for sure, then I knew what we had to do.

"Elena, do you want to try again?" I asked, rolling up my sleeve. She nodded and I bit into my wrist. I brought it up to her mouth and her face immediately changed, biting over my own bite marks. She drank only enough to be satisfied, and let go, wiping her mouth.

"Every time I want it more and more." Elena whispered to me, not wanting the others to hear. The baby wanted some blood too, as it grew, so did her hunger.

"Amazing." The doctor said, resuming the scan. I turned to look.

"What is amazing?" Elena asked curiously. I looked down at her, then glanced to her stomach. There was now a small bump that hadn't been there before.

"It did exactly as you said. As soon as you gave her your blood, the baby grew. A lot. Its reading about 16 weeks now. Thats an entire month jump in a minute. But it seems to stop after the blood takes effect." The doctor said, seemingly taking measurements of the baby on the screen, which was now very clearly defined. She printed out some pictures from the machine and sat them on the coffee table.

"Elena, since the baby is growing fast everytime you drink his blood, and you seem to need it now, you need to be eating a lot more regular food as well. The baby is only halting your transition into a vampire for as long as it is in utero. Since your body naturally wants to become a vampire again, it will get harder on the baby the longer it takes. I would suggest you use the blood to your advantage before the baby can't stop the process anymore. Just not too much too soon, it could hurt you. I would suggest about once a day." The doctor said, packing the equiptment up. I thought about what she said.

"Wait, if she has my blood once a day, and it grows that much everytime, wouldn't that mean the baby would be ready to be born by the end of the week?" I asked, my mind completely overwhelmed.

"Yes, but her getting sick this morning was a sign that the baby is overworking itself, trying to keep off the transition. The sooner, the better. She will probably get sick a few more times. I will come back tomorrow to check on her." The doctor said to me as she walked to the door. I nodded and thanked her. I was completely overwhelmed. We just found out today, and now being told the child was to be born by the end of the week. That was a little short notice. But if it wasn't, there was a chance that the baby would die because of the transition. Now that I saw our child, there was no way I would let anything happen to it.

"I am going to leave you guys alone. Good luck and let me know if you need anything. I won't tell anyone." Bonnie said, walking to the door.

"Thank you for all your help, Bonnie." I said and closed the door behind her. I walked back over to Elena and sat down next to her, watching her hands fall to her new baby bump, staring off at nothing.

"This is real." She mumbled into nowhere. I placed my hand over hers on her stomach and turned to her.

"It is, my love." I murmered into her neck as I placed a gentle kiss on top of her beating pulse point.

The rest of the day went by relatively fast. Elena ate enough food for about 3 people at dinner and got tired very fast. As she lay sleeping I leaned down and pressed my ear on her continuously growing stomach, listening to the gentle but fast beating of our childs heart.

It was a soothing sound, mesmerizing even, but it also left me filled with worry. I hadn't had the best father role model, maybe even the worst. I made a mental promise to our unborn child that I would never be like Mikael, I would love and protect my child as a father should. I worried how my family would react to such news. Surely we would have to tell them tomorrow, for it would be clearly noticeable the next time she drank my blood. And any vampire within our property limits could hear the fluttering heartbeat, any witch would feel or see the aura immediately. As I thought about the unclear impending future, I found myself asleep before I knew it.