Ø

After a cramped ride home (we were all sitting in the front row because of all the things they had bought), we arrived back at the house and began unloading things.

As we brought bag after bag and box after box into the house my phone began ringing.

"Hello, Nik, just the person I was hoping to speak with." I said as I stepped outside.

"And what did you wish to speak to me about, brother?" Nik said on the other line.

"Many important things, but I wish to talk in person about them, perhaps over dinner tonight at my house? Say 7 o'clock? However there is one thing you could begin to look into before dinner." I said.

"And what would that be, you sound a bit worried?" I was surprised he cared that I even sounded worried.

"Katerina has made more enemies it seems. An enemy with the ability to compel vampires. A vampire tried to kill Elena today in the middle of a mall, claiming she was Katerina and before he answered any of my questions, he had bitten his own tongue off, so I killed him. You haven't been compelling people to kill Katerina have you?" I asked honestly.

"No, if I was going to do it, I would do it myself. I will look into it though, can't have other people thinking they rule in my territory now can I?" Nik responded.

I hung up the phone and walked back inside to see Rebekah had set up the crib at vampire speed. And the nursery was almost completely set up with Elena asleep in the rocking chair in the corner. I smiled at seeing her asleep holding a small pink blanket to her stomach. In such a short time so many things had changed. I honestly worried for Elena, and our daughter. I worried that she would be born before she was ready, and that there would be complications.

As we got the nursery complete, Elena quickly woke up and flashed to the bathroom. After she was done, I looked at her closely. Her eyes looked dark and sunken in almost. I knew she needed more of my blood. It was getting so frequent now, I could only hope she didn't go into labour tomorrow. I put my wrist in front of her mouth and watched her face change, biting into my skin. She took more blood this time then any before. I needed to go replenish myself, badly. As soon as she was full, she pulled away and looked much healthier. I told her to go lay down in our room for a minute to rest. She had grown much more this time. Her maternity shirt didn't even hardly fit her. I flashed down the stairs and quickly drank 3 blood bags, even though I knew I didn't need that much. I wanted to be prepared.

"How is she?" Rebekah asked as she flashed down next to me and grabbed a blood bag for herself.

"Its getting more frequent now. Rebekah, I'm worried. The baby is having a harder time now holding the transformation. She is down to drinking more of my blood every 6 hours. It won't be long. Rebekah, she is pretty much a full vampire again. The only thing she can't do is compel people yet. Now with this Katherine nonsense, I can tell she is starting to stress, which is causing things to get worse." I told her, genuinely worried for my wife and daughter.

"Kol, they both will be fine. Her drinking your blood more often just means that the baby knows its getting close, she needs more so that she will be ready when its time. How much did she grow this time?" Rebekah asked quickly.

"She looks like she is in her last month, Rebekah. She had to change shirts!" I told her whispering loudly.

"Alright, I will go up and check on her, wait for Nik, he should be here at any moment. And don't worry, he is bringing take-out." Rebekah said before she flashed upstairs to check on Elena. I couldn't help but worry.

I heard Nik coming up to the door and had it open before he could ring the doorbell. I was surprised a little when Caroline showed up right next to him.

"Hello, brother, come in." I said, inviting him and Caroline inside. He sat the food down on the table and went back to look at me seriously.

"So what is so important that you needed to see me in person tonight?" Nik said, getting slapped in the arm by Caroline.

"Well, it may be easier just to show you. Please keep an open mind, it isn't something you would be expecting." I said, making him look at me curiously.

"Well on with it." Nik said, laughing.

"Rebekah, Elena." I said at normal talking voice, knowing they could hear me. With a flash, they were both downstairs, with Elena standing behind Rebekah and myself. I grabbed Elena's hand and pulled her up to stand next to my side. I watched as Nik's eyes began to wander down to her bulging midsection.

"What the bloody hell happened?" Nik asked, clearly shocked.

"We were both humans in the past, brother. She became pregnant then returned to the future. Our daughter is a witch, Nik. She is holding off Elena's transformation until she is ready to be born, which is why she looks like she is 9 months pregnant already. She has to drink my blood, and every time she does, the baby grows exponentially. It is getting more frequent now, because the baby cant hold off the transition much longer. She will probably be born tomorrow or tomorrow night." I told him, finally breathing after I finished.

"I guess nothing is impossible in this world, is it?" Nik said, clearly not knowing what else to say. I agreed with him 100%.