U

FUTURE-Kol POV

The sun was setting. It was time for the spell. I sat in the middle of the pentagram. Since Elena and I were now connected, If I thought about her hard enough while Bonnie performed the spell, it should bring her back. Bonnie used the same bowl of herbs that had Elena's blood still in them from the month before. She spread the herbs around me on the floor and began chanting. I concentrated all of my will power on Elena, and bringing her home. I felt the pull in the back of my mind, within seconds, I felt a weight in my lap. I looked down to see Elena, naked. I took off my jacket at vampire speed and covered her before anyone else saw her. Bonnie stopped the chanting and opened her eyes to see me holding Elena.

"It worked." Bonnie said, coming over to check on Elena. I held her protectively to my chest. She was still unconscious. She was human? I could smell her blood, it was definately human.

"She is human." I said as Caroline sped over to check as well.

"That's impossible." Caroline said, but I motioned for her to smell, and she did, veins appearing under her eyes. I was controlling myself, but I hadn't fed in days, I was too worried about getting Elena home safely. I noticed that the pendant I made her was still around her neck, I smiled. I was curious if it would show up, since her clothes did not. Bonnie touched Elena's hand and pulled back.

"She is human, but she isn't, I don't understand what I saw" Bonnie said as she pulled away. I looked at her, confused.

"Well, she is human for now, which is what is important. Now do you have her clothes?" I asked. Caroline quickly brought over a small pile of clothes and gave it to me. I stood up with Elena in my arms and flashed up to her room. Jeremy had invited me in when Bonnie had confirmed the story.

I laid her in her bed and carefully put her clothes on. I then covered her up with her blanket and laid next to her, waiting for her to wake. I felt the pull of the memories coming on again.

I was standing in the caves next to Elena when she went limp, then slowly disappeared. I started panicing. She was gone. Mother rushed over to me and felt the same pull of magic that I had felt. She then put her hand to my head and whispered something in my ear, causing me to pass out. When I woke up, I saw mother crying hysterically. I ran over to see Nik holding Henrik in his arms, dead. I cried for my brother. He had gone to see the wolves change with Nik last night.

I didn't realize the night that Elena left, was the night that started this all. Mother had performed the ritual the day after she had left, she had also taken away my memories of Elena until the time when she was sent back in time, which would explain everything.

I was pulled back into reality to a shift in the weight laying next to me. I opened my eyes to see Elena slowly opening her eyes.

"Kol?" She said, looking around. "It worked?" She asked tiredly.

"Yes, my love, it worked, you are home." I said, taking her hands in mine.

"I'm still human?" She asked in a daze.

"For the most part, but don't ask, Bonnie hasn't figured it out yet." I said, confusing her a bit more. She leaned down and smelled herself?

"Oh God, I need a shower." She said, standing up. I laughed and flashed in front of her, stopping her.

"Darling, you come home after being in the past for a month and the first thing you want is a shower?" I asked, which was understandable since they didn't have showers back then.

"You are welcome to join." She said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"That works too." I said as I picked her up, flashing to the bathroom at vampire speed.