I

FUTURE- Kol POV

"Alright, everything is ready to do the spell tomorrow night. Now all we have to do is wait." I said to Bonnie and Caroline, who had just finished drawing the pentagram on the floor.

"You're sure this will work?" Bonnie asked again.

"Yes, I'm posi-" I fell backwards onto the couch before I could finish. I felt a strange sensation running through me, just as I felt the pull of the memories again. I closed my eyes and replayed it. I had gotten attacked by a bear, healed mostly, the came the memory of our wedding. Mother did a soul linking spell on us. Just as the memory finished, I felt something, or heard something maybe? It sounded like Elena's voice. It was getting louder.

"Elena?" I whispered in my head.

PAST-Elena POV

"Elena" I heard in my head, it sounded like Kol's voice, but I looked over at him, who was talking to one of the villagers.

"Kol? Is that you?" I asked back in my head, looking over to Kol, seeing if he had any reaction to it. There was none.

"Elena, you can hear me?" I heard him say again, yet no reaction came from him.

"Yes, who is this?" I asked cautiously, knowing it sounded like Kol, but he didn't seem to react to it.

"It is your husband, darling, from the future of course." The voice said back. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Kol from the future was inside my head?

"How can I hear you?" I asked quickly.

"Esther cast a soul-linking spell on us, Elena. You must have been thinking about this version of me to activate it." FutureKol said in my head.

"So you remember?" I asked hesitantly.

"Everything, darling." He said calmly. I felt a sense of relief wash over me. He remembered me.

"Do you know when I am supposed to come back?" I asked quickly.

"Bonnie and I have everything set for tomorrow night, during the full moon." I was kind of sad to hear that I would only get one more night with my new husband, but I would be going back to him, wouldn't I?

"Did you get my message from the cave?" I responded, wondering if he had.

"Yes, my love. And I want you to know that I am here waiting for you. I promise." He said into my mind. So much weight was lifted from my shoulders when I heard him say that. I knew immediately that his humanity was back on. He was waiting for me.

"Thank you. I have to go before you think I'm crazy, staring off into space. Try to contact me later tonight?" I said as I saw my Kol look over towards me, motioning for me to come to him.

"I will, my love." Was the last thing I heard before I was drawn back into reality. Kol was waiting for me to come over to him and be introduced to more people.

FUTURE-Kol POV

I couldn't believe it, I got to talk to Elena. The spell my mother did connected our minds. I opened my eyes to see Bonnie and Caroline surrounding me.

"Kol, are you okay? You just passed out. I didn't think vampires could pass out." Bonnie said as I sat back up.

"I'm fine. I spoke to Elena." I said, knowing they would think I was crazy.

"You what?!" Bonnie and Caroline yelled, clearly confused.

"My mother cast a spell on us, linking our souls for eternity." I explained. Caroline seemed to get it, but Bonnie was still confused.