Kol

"How?" Kol asked frantically.

"Mother overheard Niklaus talking to Rebekah about the two of you! She told father, Kol. You needed to know so that you can be ready." Henrik said sadly as we climbed out of the caves.

"Thank you, brother. Now go, before he finds out you knew as well." Kol told Henrik, who nodded and ran in the other direction. He turned to look at me, with his hands on my shoulders.

"I am so sorry, my sweet Elena." He said as he kissed my forehead. I looked up at him.

"We knew this was going to happen, Kol. We were lucky it look him this long to find out, with that said, I got to know you and whatever he asks of us, we will agree to it." I said confidently.

"You're sure of this?" He asked hesitantly, looking for any sign of doubt in my eyes. There was none.

"Yes." I spoke with confidence. He looked at me and smiled. By this point, I knew I had fallen for him. I had forgotten the future version of him, focused only on the man standing before me. The one I had gotten to know, who had saved me. He had made me realize the things I had done in the future were childish. Being taken here had made me grow up, fast. I had to adapt, learn to live without all of the things that made life simple. This life was difficult, yet I was happier than I had ever been. Sure, at first I had missed the simple luxuries I was used to in my everyday life, but life quickly became more than that.

"Come, we must get home. Father will arrive shortly, I'm sure of it." Kol said, pulling my hand towards the path to our home. We had settled into a routine. I would do most of the cooking and cleaning, even though he always decided to help, and he would do the more manly chores like cutting wood, hunting, that sort of thing. I already felt as if we were married. We arrived home shortly, cleaning ourselves up and waiting patiently. Kol had my hand in his, rubbing circles on my knuckles. About five minutes later, there was a knock on the door. He told me to remain sitting. I was afraid of what Mikael might do.

"Hello, son." Mikael said in a cold voice. Kol was blocking Mikael's view of me.

"Hello, father." Kol said back in an equally cold tone. Mikael looked at him with sadistic eyes, and a smirk.

"What is this I hear of a lady, always in your company?" Mikael asked quickly. Kol opened the door a bit further and stepped out of the way, letting Mikael see me sitting at the table. I immediately stood up, not exactly knowing what to do in this situation. His eyes went wide and a sadistic grin spread across his face.

"Father, this is Elena. Elena, this is my father." He said, introducing us. Mikael bowed and placed a kiss on my hand.

"You will make an excellent bride for my son." Yep, just as we had suspected. There was no question in his sentence, it was a statement, or more of a command.

"Thank you sir, your son has asked for my hand this morning. We were planning to share the news tonight, perhaps over dinner?" I said, trying to save us a little. Kol looked at me in surprise.

"Ah, my son finally chose the right thing to do. Dinner is an excellent idea, shortly before sunset at our home." He said, smirking. He then turned back to Kol.

"I'm proud of you, my boy. You will wed on the winter solstice." He said, holding Kol's shoulder tightly.

"Father, that is but two days from now. The full moon is the night after." Kol said quickly.

"Is that a problem, son?" Mikael asked, getting angry. I didn't want Kol to get hurt.

"No, sir. That will be perfect, it is after all a sign of good fortune, is it not?" I quickly interjected.

"It is, indeed. Smart girl. You chose well, son." Mikael said, walking out the door. I knew Kol would probably have bruises on his arm from Mikaels hand.

"Elena, he could have hurt you." Kol said after the door had closed.

"He didn't hurt me, Kol. He did hurt you, I could tell. I couldn't just stand there and let him do that. We knew it would happen, we didn't need to further anger him by pushing it off. If that means getting married in two days, then so be it." I said truthfully. I was always the one to step in if I saw someone else getting hurt. Although I wondered what my friends would say at home about me being married to an original. Would Kol even remember any of this in the future? If he did, would he care?

"We should start getting ready for dinner. It is already late afternoon." He said, holding my hand. I walked with him into our room, I decided to wear the dress Rebekah had made for me. It was green, and very nice looking. Kol took off his shirt. I noticed where his shoulder was already starting to bruise. I walked over to him. He was definatley built. I ran my hand up his back softly and pressed chaste kisses to his shoulder. All of the candles in the room instantly lit brightly.

"Kol, I want you to try something. Try to channel me, to heal yourself." I told him, knowing that Bonnie could channel Jeremy. He looked at me with an odd expression.

He then placed his hand on my chest, over my heart and closed his eyes. He started to chant something quietly. It was a strange feeling. I could almost feel his magic coursing through me as he chanted. I watched his shoulder. The red and purple started to fade away, finally disappearing all together. He stopped chanting and opened his eyes.

"You are incredible, how did you know I could do that? I didn't even know." He said, looking at his shoulder where the bruise was.

"My friend Bonnie tried it once before." I told him, he looked at me, then kissed me passionately. I pulled away and laughed.

"Kol, if we don't get ready now, we will be late, and I didn't just avoid one scuffle to go get in another. We can continue this later." I said laughing. He growled then went back to putting his shirt on. I put on my dress and walked over to Kol.

"Lace me up, please?" I asked. He walked over behind me and moved my hair off to the side and started to lace the dress up. He placed small kisses along my collar and my neck as he did so. After he finished, he turned me around to look at me.

"You are going to be my wife." He said, realization finally setting in. I smiled. Honestly I had never thought of getting married this young, but my life was different now. So far there was no sign of me being returned to the future and I had been here almost a month.