E

"Where is she? Is she back? What did you do?" Stefan asked quickly as I held Damons neck to the wall.

"She is back, and she is fine." I said to Stefan who was watching intently.

"Where is she?!" Damon struggled to say as my grip against his neck got harder.

"She is safe. Now you will sit, be quiet and listen. If you move, I will not hesitate to remove her from your memories once again. Both of you. You will do everything I say." I compelled. I let go of Damon's neck hesitantly and watched as both brothers walked over to the couch and sat quietly. "Good. Elena." I yelled up the stairs. I could hear her walking out of our bedroom and down the stairs. The brother's eyes widened as they heard me say her name. They tried to say something, but the compulsion took effect and nothing came out. Elena joined my side as she finished her descent down the stairs. The brothers looked in shock as she grabbed my hand in front of them.

"Bonnie brought back Elena during the full moon last night. She was sent to the 10th century, and remained there, in my care, for a month. As you have probably noticed, she is human, for the time being. Now you may speak, one at a time. Stefan?" I said, making Damon mad.

"Elena, how are you? Is he forcing you to do anything? Did he compel you?" Stefan asked, I rolled my eyes.

"I'm fine Stefan, no he is not forcing me to do anything, and no he did not compel me. I have my vervain necklace back, see?" She said, showing him the necklace. He nodded.

"Damon?" I said, motioning to him.

"Elena, I promise I will get you out of here. I love you. I won't let him hurt you. And your sire bond is broken now, do you still love me?" I wanted to kill him for even trying, or thinking I would hurt her. I growled at him.

"Damon, he won't hurt me, and I'm not leaving. Damon, I don't love you. I thought I did, but I was confused. I was messing with yours and Stefan's heads. I was being selfish. I was acting like Katherine, and Tatia. I love you both but I'm not in love with either of you. I'm sorry, but a lot of things changed while I was in the past. Kol saved my life, and then took me in when he didn't even know me. I saw his humanity and dispite everything I already knew, I fell for him, almost instantly. I became friends with Rebekah, too. The day before I came back, Kol and I got married. I love him, and he turned his humanity back on for me." She explained. I smiled at the thought that she just came out with it.

"You.. you married him?" Damon asked, looking very angry.

"Yes, Damon. Of my own free will." She responded. Damon growled and tried to move, but my compulsion kept him sitting.

"Wait, so you are telling us that you knew him for a month, knowing everything he had done, and yet you still chose him?Rebekah killed you, and you befriended her?" Stefan asked, more shocked than anything.

"Yes. Im so sorry for leading you both on, but Bonnie sending me into the past was the best thing that could have ever happened to me." I smiled at her comment.

"No, if she hadn't sent you back, you would still be with me. I think i'm going to have a little talk with miss witchy." Damon mumbled the last part so low, I knew Elena couldn't hear, but I could. I flashed over in front of him and held his neck.

"You will leave Bonnie alone, is that understood?" I compelled. He nodded.

"Kol, they won't listen, just do it." Elena said, sighing.

"You are going to let him compel us?" Damon pleaded with Elena.

"Just do it, Kol." She told me before walking away. I could tell she was upset.

"You will not have any romantic feelings for Elena any longer, you will only look at her as a friend. You will be supportive of her decisions and understand everything that has happened. You will not be overprotective of her. You will still do whatever I say, as well as what she says. You will not remember being compelled, nor will you think you are." I compelled, repeating it to each brother. "Now go apologize to her." I said, motioning towards the kitchen.

"Elena, I'm sorry that I overreacted. I hope you can forgive me?" Stefan said to her as we all entered the kitchen. She had tears in her eyes.

"I will, just please go. Damon, you too." She said, trying not to cry. I flashed over to her and wrapped my arms around her. The brothers nodded, and walked out the door.

"Why can't they just accept me being happy without having to be compelled to do so?" She asked, finally letting the tears fall.

"They don't want you to be happy unless it is with one of them, darling. They are selfish. They fell in love with you because you shared the face of their first love. Which is probably the same reason that Elijah was upset." I mumbled, but apparently she heard me. Her eyes snapped open to look up at me.

"What about Elijah?" She asked, wiping her eyes.

"Nothing, darling." I said, trying to get off the subject. When Elijah found out that we had been married, he said nothing, just walked up to his room. The next day, I saw the maids walking out of it with broken shards of glass from what looked like a mirror. I knew he had a soft spot for her, but I hadn't expected him to be jealous.

"You aren't getting out of it so easily, now tell me." She demanded. I sighed and told her what happened. "So you think he is jealous?"

"I don't know, darling. But let's not dwell on my brother or any other brothers, shall we?" I said, turning her around to look at me. "Lets just go and rest." She nodded and I walked upstairs with her.

The next three weeks went somewhat smoothly. Elena convinced everyone to give up the search for the cure. The salvatores didn't come around much. I still hadn't made up with Rebekah, though Elena had. Elijah had stayed his distance. Elena had started to get certain vampiristic features back, such as hearing and speed, but nothing else thus far. Other than that, Elena and I had stayed at home for the most part, she wanted to avoid as much drama as possible, and I didn't blame her.

"What would you like for breakfast, darling?" I asked as she came downstairs.

"Everything. I'm so hungry." She said as she laid her head down on the table.

"Are you still tired? You slept for almost 12 hours." I asked, honestly worried about her.

"I feel exhausted." She muttered into her arms. I made her pancakes and walked them over to her.

"Are you feeling alright? You have been like this for a few days." I asked, wondering if this was just a part of the transition.

"I'm fine, just tired." She said as ate her pancakes faster than I had ever seen. "Do we have any strawberries, or bacon? I'm just so hungry." I looked at her confused.

"Are you sure that's what you want?" I asked quickly. I wondered if she was trying to improvise for bloodlust. She nodded.

I gave her the strawberries as she asked, and began making the bacon.

"Elena, are you sure you aren't improvising for blood, I mean, you have gotten back the hearing and speed?" I asked. She thought about it for a second and looked disgusted.

"The food tastes too good, and blood sounds disgusting, no offense. I remember when I first turned, I thought food tasted like dirt." She responded. That was true, it didn't taste the best.

"Have you noticed anything else?" I asked curiously.

"No." I poured her a cup of coffee after she finished the bacon to try and help with her exhaustion. I slid it over to her and she smelled it and flashed away. I flashed after her, only to find her leaning over the toilet in the bathroom.