Oh

PAST- Elena POV

"I can tell you are very powerful." I said to him, making him smile brightly.

"Have you met another witch?" He asked curiously, with his eyebrows raised.

"Yes, my friend Bonnie, she is a distant relative of Ayanna, I believe. A Bennett." I said, wondering if that was saying too much.

"Ah, dear Ayanna, my mentor. The Bennett witches are very powerful as well. Ayanna once told me of her anscestor Quetsiya, who created an Immortal, named Silas. However, Silas betrayed her and wanted to turn another woman immortal. Quetsiya killed the woman, making Silas angry, causing him to kill everyone he came across, by draining them of blood. Quetsiya then imprisoned Silas somewhere unknown where he has rested for a thousand years already. But on to different topics. You look cold again, take this, and we will start our walk home before night falls." Kol said. So he knew of Silas as a human as well, from Ayanna. Things were starting to make sense now. He took his leather hide jacket off and laid it on my shoulders, wrapping his arm around my waist as we walked.

"Thank you for showing me that. Tell me more about yourself, please?" I asked batting my eyelashes at him.

"Since you asked so nicely... About two years ago, my mother and father had an arrangement with another prominent family of the village. That family had a daughter around my age, named Isobel. The arrangement was that I was to be married to her. The joining of our families would be of great importance. I did not want anything to do with the girl, nor her with me. We tried to refuse, but with my father, refusal means punishment. The marriage was set to take place during the winter solstice, a sign of good fortune. However, Isobel became sick at the beginning of winter, dying some days later. Honestly, I was relieved. I did not wish to spend the rest of my days with someone whom I loathed." He told me, I wasn't expecting that, although I did remember that people used to get married very young because the mortality rate wasn't very good.

"Why you? Why not your older brothers to marry first?" I asked curiously.

"Finn is married, his wife Sage with child already. My father enjoys watching Nik and Elijah fight over Tatia, it is all a game to him. So naturally, I was next in line. He has punished me every full moon that I do not have a woman by my side. I have endured it for two years because there were no women in this village worth my time. I do not wish to spend my life lonely, but I do not wish to spend it with someone I do not care for either. This is why I do not wish my father to see you." He said, sadly. So Finn and Sage had a child? And Mikael beat Kol for not being married every month for two years. He really did have a big heart as Rebekah said. Is this what she meant, that I was good for him?

"What do you mean?" I asked about his father.

"If word gets to my father about you, I fear what he might try. I can only hope that Nik, Elijah, or Rebekah have not said anything to him as of yet." He said, looking troubled. I realized what he meant. His father would try to make us marry. A crazy thought seeing as I had only known him for a day, well at least this version of him. However, these times were different. If his family was prominent, they expected their children to be married early, to whom it didn't matter. If we were forced to marry during these times, would it still be in effect when I went back to the future? Why was I even thinking these things? I had only been around him for a day. However, I didn't know how long I was going to be here, so I needed to adapt to the times. If it came to that point, where Mikael either forced us to marry, or the threat of Kol being beaten again, I would do it.

We finally arrived back at his home, which was very skillfully built. It was small, had a kitchen and a bedroom. Then again, during these times, not much time was spent in the home, so you didn't need a lot of space.