09

"You know you're more then welcome to come in, just pretend the mess is invisible yeah?" I say turning towards Nathan as he helps me walk to my apartment.

"It's okay" he replies as he stuffs his hands inside his pockets.

"Why do you always wear suits?" I ask as I unlock the door.

He shrugs in response and I almost want to slap him for always shrugging.

"Whatever, welcome to the jungle" I say opening the door for him as I let him inside my small apartment.

Why do I call it jungle?

Because it looks like one, it's pretty messy.

"It's... spacious?" Nathan tries as he gets inside the three room apartment.

"Quit lying and get your ass—" I stop cutting myself as I stare at the things before me on the kitchen counter.

"Did you do this?" I ask Nathan looking at all the cat thingies ranging from food, toys, cleaning supplies and all that shit.

"Maybe?" He answers smiling at me.

I give him the glarest glare I could master.

"I hate you" I let out shaking my head.

"Why?" He asks a frown and a pout on his face.

"Because now I'll have to work more shifts so I can pay you!" I inform him crossing my arms over my chest as I look at his pout disappear.

"Who said I want you to pay me back?" He says.

"And who says I would let you pay for me?" I retort.

Other than the food I just ate..

Obviously.

"What do you work as anyway?" He questions changing the subject as he invites himself on the sofa.

Or couch.

Or whatever.

"If I tell you will you tell me?" I ask him.

"I'll think about it" he says.

"ugh, you're so boring!" I exclaim as I jump on the couch and take a seat next to him.

"And you are..?" He fires back.

I glare at him as Benji jumps on after me, and lays between us.

"I am rich" I say flipping my hair like the drama queen I am.

Minus the drama.

Obviously..

Because I'm just a queen.

A rich queen.

Period.

Without blood.

"That's why you need to work extra shifts?"he states.

I want to slap him.

"I want to slap you" I tell him to his face.

"Okay" he nods in agreement.

I look back at him, and the look on his face tells me that he's not joking.

"Are you sure, I'm not kidding you know?" I state looking at him.

"Yeah neither am I" he replies with the same serious look I'm giving him.

"Why?" I ask wanting to know eagerly why he is allowing me to slap him.

He's such a weirdo.

"Because you're free to do anything you desire, and especially on me" he answers.