Gun N.R

Your POV
I had enough.

After days and days of Natasha ignoring me I couldn't stand it anymore. I thought we had a stable relationship but I guess I thought wrong. She would come into bed after I slept and leave before I woke up. Even during meal times she would be missing, eating in her office instead. When it was team night, she would be sitting furthest from me.

Everyone could see something was wrong between us but they didn't know how to deal with it.

I grabbed the gun from under the table and started shooting randomly, leaving bullet holes on the walls. The sound of the gun travelled through the compound and finally my girlfriend came to see me.

"How nice to see you here?" I said sarcastically.

"What do you think you're doing?" Natasha half shouted at me.

"HOW ELSE DO YOU THINK I CAN GET MY GIRLFRIEND TO COME AND SEE ME? TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH ME?"

"Y/N..."

"Or maybe she isn't my girlfriend anymore. Maybe she has someone else. Maybe she thinks I'm not good enough for her."

"Y/N." Nat tried to step closer to me but I raised my gun at her. "You wouldn't shoot me. I counted the shots."

"And so did I." She took a confident step towards me before I fired another shot next to her. "You didn't know that you could store another bullet in the chamber before you reload?" I tossed the gun on the ground and sat at the edge of the bed with my head in my hands.

"Why... What did I do wrong?" I choked, trying to hold back my tears.

"Nothing. I'm sorry, I should have told you that I'll have a busy week ahead. I've been rushing to get them done quickly. I'm sorry I've neglected you." Nat slowly crouched down in front of me and placed her hands on my knees.

"Then- then why have you been sitting so far away from me?"

"I was feeling stressed, I didn't want to rub it on you." She explained.

"I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let you be alone. I shouldn't make you feel this way." Nat gave me a hug which I returned. "Good news is that I finally finished my work and we can hang out all day?"

I nodded.

"Try not to use this method to call me next time."

"Well, it was a sure fire method."

"There, the smile I love has returned." She gave me a peck on the lips and I walked down hugging her arm. Everyone saw us giggling as we came down. Safe to say they were surprised by the sight of this after hearing the gunshots coming from my room.

Written on 26 Oct2021
Posted on 10 March 2022

Inspired by Sherlock Holmes let's play while watching.
You know, the gun shot part.
Obviously, this chapter was supposed to go in another direction, but my stupid self (when I wrote it) couldn't bear to write it & don't know how.

At the point, I haven't been writing much angst so it always ended with reconciliation.