Chapter 10: Status Asthmaticus

Liam says, "What do you mean "No"?" Scott says, "Liam, look at her. She's too weak. It will kill her. We don't even know what the mercury's doing to her. We don't know if it's actually mercury. This can't be the only way to save her life." Liam says, "It saved mine." Scott says, "You know, that was different. You were hanging off a ledge." Liam says, "You promised. You said you'd do everything you could." Scott says, "Which is why I'm not going to do something I think is going to kill her. There has to be." Scott has trouble breathing and Theo says, "Scott." Theo tosses him a inhaler and he uses it. Scott says, "There's another way to save her." Liv's breathing heavily and Theo says, "Guys, I don't know what the statistics are for surviving a werewolf bite, but she's definitely not surviving this. We need to do something." It's morning and Liv's on a table. Melissa comes in and Liam says, "What's that?" Melissa says, "It's called chelation therapy. It removes heavy metals from the blood. But the problem is, is that it can injure the kidneys and Liv only has one to begin with, so..." Liv groans and Liam says, "Hey, you're hurting her." Melissa says, "And you're hurting me." Liam says, "Sorry." Theo says, "Hey, guys... Remember, we're here to save a life. Not kill each other." Scott says, "It's the full moon. We can feel it even during the day." Theo says, "And it's a Supermoon." Melissa says, "What is that supposed to make you guys, like super strong? Super aggressive?" Scott says, "Both." Later, Liam says, "It's not working is it?" Melissa says, "She should be showing signs of improvement. Liv?" Liv gasps and says, "You have tell them?" Melissa licks her lips and nods and softly says, "Okay." Scott says, "I think I might know where your dad is. Theo just texted me about the high school. He said there's cops everywhere. Might be another Chimera." Liv turns to Scott and weakly says, "I don't want to die without them." Scott nods and says, "I'll get them." Liv nods and says, "Thank you." Melissa holds Liv's hand. Melissa softly says, "Liv, try and stay awake, okay?" Liv slowly nods and weakly says, "Do you know the gender of my anonymous donor?" Melissa says, "Female." Liv nods. Melissa takes some of Liv's blood. Melissa looks at the marks on her arms and Liam says, "It's on her neck too. She's getting worse, isn't she?" Melissa says, "Yeah. Which is why we're taking her to the hospital." Liam says, "How's that going to help?" Melissa says, "We're in a animal clinic and I need equipment designed for humans. I said we're going to take her to the hospital. I didn't say we're going through the front door." Later, they make it to the hospital and Liv's in a wheel chair groaning. Liam says, "What's happening?" Melissa says, "I'm not sure. But it's definitely not good." Liv holds her hand out to Liam and he holds it. Liv softly says, "I know I'm dying, but I need to tell them goodbye." Melissa says, "Liv, just hang on a little bit. Scott's out looking for them right now. He's going to bring them here as soon as he can, all right?" Liv slowly nods and looks towards Liam and whispers, "Liam?" Liam looks down at her sadly and whispers, "Yeah?" Liv weakly whispers, "I love you." Liv then closes her eyes and Liam's heart breaks, because he might lose Liv. Later, Mason comes to the hospital and Melissa says, "Over here." Mason says, "Shouldn't we be talking to one of the doctors?" Melissa says, "I've been wrestling with that for hours. Do we bring them in and watch them treat her as a normal patient, while we stand here knowing that's not going to work? Or do we keep trying everything medically possible to save her, while her body does things that shouldn't be medically possible?" Mason is worried about Liv and says, "Is she dying?" Melissa says, "With the amount of mercury in her body right now, she shouldn't even be alive." Melissa feels Liv's pulse and gasps, "Oh, no, no, no... I think you better get Liam." Mason says, "What about Scott?" Melissa says, "He's not answering. And if Liam wants to be with her, he needs to get here now. Because she's dying and I don't know what else to do. Go. I will text you if anything changes. Just get him here, Mason. Go." As Mason runs to find Liam, his vision is blurry from crying. Later, Theo is with Stiles and he  says, "I never lied about why I came to Beacon Hills. I'm here for a pack. I came for the werecoyote. The one whose first instinct is to kill. I came for the Banshee, the girl surround by death. I came for the dark Kitsune, the Chimera who trusts everyone even if the people she trusts are surrounded by darkness, the Beta with anger issues... I came for Void Stiles. That's the pack I want. Unfortunately, it doesn't include Scott." Later, Melissa holds Liv's hand and hears the machine flatline and Melissa softly cries. At the library, Mason runs in to see Liam clawing Scott and yells, "Liam! Liam! Liam! Liam!" Liam stops and is panting. Liam turns to look at Mason and Mason says, "Liam, what are you doing?" Liam looks at what he has done and says, "Liv." Mason softly cries, "She's gone. Liv died a few minutes ago. She's gone." Liam runs out the school to go to Liv. Liam is crying over Liv's body. Parrish walks in to take her body. Liam sighs and kisses Liv's cheek and watch's Parrish take Liv's body away from his arms. Later, Liv gasps awake and looks to see she's on the Nemeton. Liv stands up to see Corey, Josh, and Tracy alive. Liv looks to Theo and says, "What's... what's happening?" Tracy says, "Who are you?" Theo says, "I'm your Alpha. And all of you... All of you belong to me." Everyone then follows Theo.