Chapter 20: Apotheosis

Liv and Stiles are at the animal clinic and show Deaton the photo's of Mason as in the sonogram. Deaton says, "Vanishing twin syndrome." Stiles says, "This part of your expertise, right?" Deaton says, "Not particularly, no." Then the door to the animal clinic opens and Scott and Liam carry a Dread Doctor in. Scott says, "He's still alive." Scott says, "Can we keep him alive?" Deaton says, "I'm not sure he technically is alive." Liam says, "Screw keeping him alive. How do we get him to talk?" Stiles says, "Personally, I don't think we utilize torture nearly enough." They then hear a voice say, "Come." Liv says, "Did you guys hear that?" The voice says, "Come to me... to me." The Dread Doctor gets up and makes a high pitched noise. Everyone covers their ears and groans. Liam goes to attack and Scott says, "Liam, wait!" The Dread Doctor pushes him away and Liv goes to Liam and they watch him walk out. Then he some how blocked the door and Liam goes to it and Deaton says, "Stop. It's electrified." Scott says, "The cane." Liam says, "They took it. They took the cane." Scott says, "Maybe there's something in here. Something about how he was a Genetic Chimera." Liv says, "Mason had a vanishing twin." Stiles says, "Now we've got a vanishing Mason." Liam says, "What does that have to do with him turning into a 250-year-old French guy? How does that even happen?" Deaton says, "Hold on, Scott might have something. Mason's twin wasn't entirely gone. That's what mad him a Genetic Chimera." Scott says, "The DNA was still there." Deaton says, "Metaphorically speaking, the DNA of Mason could still be inside Sebastien as well." Stiles says, "How?" Deaton says, "Life is energy. Energy doesn't just disappear. The Dread Doctors may have found a way to break the rules of the supernatural world, but there are some rules that simply won't break." Liam says, "So Mason can't just be gone?" Deaton says, "Somewhere in Sebastien he has to still exist in some form. A spark of energy, a flicker of memory." Stiles says, "Hang on... Liam, you said Mason said something right before he turned." Liam says, "He said, "'That's not my name.'" Liv says, "He finally remebered his name." Stiles says, "Damnatio Memoriae." Liam says, "That's what they wanted. They wanted Sebastien to remember his name." Deaton says, "Scott, you know the myth of what happens when you call a werewolf by it's given name?" Scott says, "It turns back to human." Liam says, "What does that mean? Someone can just walk up to the Beast, yell Mason's name and turn him back?" Scott says, "Not someone..." Liv softly says, "Lydia." Later, they go to the hospital and Liv walks up Liam and he says, "Is she okay?" Liv says, "She's gonna be fine, but... she can't really talk." Liam sadly says, "Then it's over, isn't it? There's nothing we can do to save him." Liv's phone vibrates and she sees two voice messages form Kira and listens to them. Liv says, "Get up." Liam says, "Why?" Liv smiles and says, "Because I've got an idea. and because this isn't over. We're not losing Mason." They go to Lydia's room and Melissa puts a shot in her neck to help her talk. Liv helps Lydia walk and Stiles says, "Okay, I'll get Malia. Text me when you find Parrish." Liv says, "Hold on." Liv then hands Stiles a package. Stiles says, "What's this?" Liv says, "Something me and Scott have been working on for a while. Just make sure Malia gets it." Stiles says, "Is it a plan B?" Scott says, "It was plan A." Stiles says, "Plan A never works." Liv softly smiles and says, "This one will." There in the tunnels and Liam says, "Scott? You hear that?" Lydia says, "I heard that." Liv says, "Lydia, save your voice. Hey, Lydia, get out of the water!" Liv pushes Lydia away and they get electrocuted. Then Theo comes out and grabs Lydia. Theo then throws Lydia in a hole and Liv grabs her hand to pull her up, but Theo sinks his claws into Liv's back and she groans. Theo says, "Feel that, Liv? Kanima venom. Just let it happen. Let it go." Lydia's screaming and Theo says, "Let everything go." Liv says, "No!" Scott and Liam both yell, "No!" As Lydia falls, Liv never let go of her hold onto Lydia and she falls also. Liv grabs Lydia and Liv breaks Lydia's fall. Liv groans and Lydia has her head on her chest and whispers, "Why's you do that?" Liv says, "Because I couldn't let you go." Lydia softly smiles and brushes Liv's hair behind her ear. Lydia gets off of Liv and Liv gets up to help Lydia walk. Liv grunts and Lydia notices Liv's still bleeding. Liv grunts, "I know, he took some of my power. I'll be fine." Lydia shakes her head and says, "No, you're not. Liv, you're dying." Liv says, "I know. We have to find the Beast first, then we'll worry about me." Lydia slowly nods and they walk to find the Beast. Then they bump into Kira and she smiles and says, "Sorry, I'm late." Liv smiles and says, "You're just in time." Kira looks a her stomach and frowns and says, "What happened?" Liv says, "Theo happened. Come on, we have to the Beast." They make it to where everyone is and see the Beast. Lydia says, "Mason!" Sebastien looks towards them and walks to them. Liv says, "I think you're gonna need to try it a little harder." Lydia screams, "Mason!" Sebastien disappears and Mason appears and then Corey catches him. They watch the smoke of the Beast run away and then Parrish appears and grabs it and Scott throws the pike into the Beast and it disappears. Scott says, "Is everyone okay?" Lydia looks sadly at Liv and she looks down. Then Theo comes in and says, "Not everyone." Theo throws lighting and Kira blocks it with her sword and says, "The Skinwalkers have a message for you, Theo. Your sister wants to see you." Then Kira jams her sword into the ground and is cracks and Tara grabs Theo and drags him in. Then the ground closes up. Lydia loses her grip on Liv and Lydia says, "Scott!" Scott turns to look at Liv and says, "What happened?" Liam looks at Liv and rushes to pick her up and says, "No, no, no. Not again." Liam and Scott bring Liv to the animal clinic and Liv softly grunts, "Scott, I don't wanna die again." Scott says, "Are you sure?" Liv nods and then Scott glows his red eyes and bites Liv's arm. Liv's a werewolf and Liam says, "How do you feel?" Liv says, "I feel good." Everyone smiles and Liv turns to Deaton and says, "I know you know who my anonymous donor was, so who was it?" Deaton says, "It was Talia Hale. Before she died she gave up some of her organs and said that she wanted to give them to you, if you ever got hurt." Liv softly smiles and says, "She was always there for me, if when she's dead." Deaton nods with a smile and says, "Yeah."

"

Liv drives Kira to New Mexico to join the Skinwalkers

Liv drives Kira to New Mexico to join the Skinwalkers. Liv says, "You don't have to do this." Kira says, "I made a deal with them. And I need to. It's not for my parents. It's not for you. It's for me." Liv says, "How long is it going to take?" Kira says, "As long as it takes." Kira gives Liv her throwing tail. Kira says, "Keep it for me. Keep it safe." Liv says, "I'm going to miss you." Kira smiles and says, "I know. Liv, you've changed my life and gave me friends that I always could count on. Thank you for everything." Liv nods and says, "Goodbye Kira." Kira nods and says, "Goodbye, Liv." Kira then walks away from Liv and goes to the Skinwalkers and they disappear. Liv then drives to school and walks into the library to see Stiles and Lydia. Lydia smiles at Liv and Liv smiles back and sits next to Lydia with Stiles in front of her. Scott then joins and smiles at his friends.