Chapter 20

Harry: Morning.

Harry said as Amy joined him and Meghan at the table for breakfast.

Amy: Morning.

Harry: Amy, I've been thinking... I don't want you to be stuck at home. Your school said you don't have to go this year anymore. Bea and Genie called.

Amy: Is Bea back from New York?

Harry: Yes, she just got back. Would you like to go for a ride with them at Windsor?

Amy: I'd love that. Am I finally going to be able to ride at Windsor?

Harry: Yeah, we'll announce you soon and Granny said there's no problem if paparazzi take pics. But, still, be careful.

Amy: I'll finally stop hiding. I was getting tired of having to live as if I were a criminal.

Harry: I'll ask them to come pick you in an hour or so.

Amy: Gonna get ready now. Bye.

Amy quickly bit a piece of her toast and turned her back to go to her room.

Meghan: You're not going to eat anything?

Amy: The girls can make me some sandwiches. By the way, can I go see Aunt Kate first?

Meghan: Can she ride while pregnant?

Amy and Harry just laughed and Harry nodded to Amy, which meant she could see Kate before going to Windsor.

Meghan: What is so fun about what I said?

She asked after Amy was gone.

Harry: Kate is kinda allergic to horses.

Meghan: What? How?

Meghan seemed completely shocked.

Meghan: Amy told me she would always go riding with Kate since she was young.

Harry: I guess she was just having a good laugh on you. Cath always took Amy to horse riding lessons, but they never really rode together. But now George and Charlotte are becoming interested in horses and Amy encouraged her to start something called immunotherapy, so that she can sort of overcome her allergy and be able to ride with them. It's been some months since she started.

Meghan: Your daughter is really a real piece of work. Some friends told me they read somewhere that Kate was allergic to horses, but as Amy told me that, I thought it was just fake gossip. By the way, Harry, I'm trying really hard here. But Amy isn't helping at all. I thought things were better when we came back from the US, but it's not. And this is your fault. She sees me as an invader.

Harry: She's a stubborn just like her mum and aunties. You don't have to worry. Eventually, she will give in.

Meghan: I hope so. I wouldn't want her to freak out when we announce our engagement.

Harry: This will be very soon. By the way, is your ring still on the vault of my bedroom?

Meghan: Yes. It's been there since you proposed to me in September.

Harry: It's going to be so much better when it's on your finger. Can't wait for the world to know I've found the love of my life.

Meghan: I can't wait, too.

Rumors about Harry dating an American actress have been circulating in the media for a couple months. But it was only in October, while Meghan and Amy were in Los Angeles, that Harry allowed his communication team to confirm the rumors. He even released a statement about people intruding her privacy since the rumors started and complained about some racial undertones on articles, which were just exception. Many articles were in favor of Meghan, and the ones that didn't have good things to talk weren't racist, but just pointing to the fact that she's an American actress and may not fit in well in the family. Harry actually proposed to her days before her trip with Amy, and they agreed to keep it a secret for some weeks. For hers and Amy's security, Harry rented a mansion in a private area of Los Angeles, so that they would be safer and away from paparazzi. Meghan and her friends lied many times to Amy and created that story about Demi and the other girls having the keys and the boys not having it. Meghan actually had a small rented house there and Harry didn't want to worry Amy about that.