Chapter 8

After the conversation with Kate and William, Harry went to school to get more details about his daughter's trip to America and then returned home and told the news to Amy.

Amy: And when are we going?

Harry: As soon as Meghan is discharged. She leaves there on Saturday and you go on Sunday. I already ordered a jet. I also went to your school, I was told that you are going to take classes in the morning, from Monday to Friday. And in the afternoons, Saturdays and Sundays you will be free to rest

Amy: Okay.

Harry: One more thing... While you are there, treat Meghan well, she is being very kind to take care of you during that time.

Amy: Okay.

Amelia replied dryly.

Harry: Honey, how long will this situation last? You don't speak to me properly, you barely look me in the eye! What did I do?

Amy: What did you do?! You and Mum broke up less than a year ago, and, suddenly, I find out that you were with another woman five months ago. You know that she doesn't even live here any more... Now, I have to share your attention with that little Hollywood actress.

Harry: Don't talk about her like that, please. I love you both so much, you know it.

Amy: Do you see?! That's the problem. You love us both so much, when the one you should love so much was me!

Harry was touched by his daughter's words; he had no idea that she felt that way about Meghan. At that time, a tear fell from her face.

Amy: Now, please, get out of here.

Amelia said, weeping.

Harry: I'm so sorry.

[...]

After that, neither of them was willing to go down and have dinner. They just slept until dawn.

The next day, Amy woke up early, got dressed and went to school, without having breakfast, not taking the risk of seeing her father.

Harry: Where's my daughter?

Harry asked the employee as he ate breakfast.

"She already went to school, Your Highness."

Replied the employee.

Harry: But, already? Without having breakfast?

"I think so, Sir."

The employee replied again.

Harry was upset that his daughter didn't even speak to him, but he knows she has her reasons, so he thought it would be best not to force anything now. He needed to refresh his head, so he decided to pay a visit to his girlfriend. And to his surprise, when he arrived at his brother's part of the Palace, he found her having breakfast with William and Kate.

Harry: Hey! Are you already able to walk around?

Harry asked, immediately kissing Meghan on the head; then, he greeted his brother and sister-in-law, sitting at the table.

Meghan: The doctor said it is good for me to walk from time to time, but without trying too hard, yet... I also don't feel much pain anymore... if it were up to me, I'd be already walking around.

Meghan smiled slightly.

Meghan: But, what about you? Did you come to have breakfast with us?

Harry: No. I came to visit. I needed to relax my mind.

Kate: Why?

Harry: I had a little argument with Amy yesterday. And today she went to school without having breakfast or talking to me.

Meghan: That discussion was about me, wasn't it?

She asked, discouraged. Harry, afraid to respond so as not to hurt her, just nodded.

William: What was that discussion about?

Harry looked at Meghan, who just nodded, indicating that he could tell them.

Harry: She talked about Ava, how she didn't like to know that I had been dating someone for five months, when it's not even been a year since we divorced. And she also said that she doesn't like that I have to divide my attention between her and my girlfriend.

Meghan sighed.

Meghan: Harry, I don't want her to feel that way. I think you should spend more time with her before we go to Los Angeles, that's, if we still go.

Harry: Meghan, I will not stop seeing you just because my daughter is being spoiled, and she said nothing about not going to Los Angeles anymore.

Meghan: I don't think she's being spoiled just because she wants more attention from her father. I know, because if it were me, I would feel the same way. And I'm not asking you to stop seeing me, it's just as long as she adapts better to this situation. Remember that we are going to spend two whole months together, I want to try to get closer to her in that time.

Kate: I think Meghan is right. Amy can be anything but spoiled.

Harry: You're right. I will try to make it up to her before you go to America.

Harry gave Meghan a peck, said goodbye to everyone and went home.